30+ days ago - req23397
Manager, Supplier Quality Engineer
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Research & development
Other technical job categories
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
ASML in Wilton CT (US) is seeking a Manager to lead our Supplier Quality Engineering team for the Industrialization Group here in Wilton Connecticut. The Industrialization Group is a department within the Wilton Development & Engineering organization. This person will lead a team of supplier quality engineering and cost engineering specialists who have the responsibility to develop industrialized solutions for Wilton’s new products in coordination with the internal design team, and with ASML key suppliers. These new products include optical, opto-mechanical, opto-electronic, electronic, mechanical and mechatronic systems, sub-systems and components.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
This person will report to the Department Manager of the Industrialization & Optical Modules department in D&E Wilton.
This job requires a capable and accomplished leader to:
- Direct Manager of a team of25 - 35 engineers (supplier quality & cost engineers).
- Develop and sustain project results: on time delivery of Wilton’s products to the specified performance at the right quality, reliability, move-rate, and cost.
- Secure the quality of the teams deliverables – industrialization & cost documentation, and physical material from our suppliers (secured all the way through the ‘n-tier’).
- Own and maintain responsibility of the way-of-working competence activities of the Supplier Quality Engineering team including training, communication, and process maturity management. Responsible for developing expertise within your group, technology roadmaps for our suppliers, and maintaining alignment with our key suppliers and manufacturing team.
- Build and develop technical supplier quality competences within ASML (e.g., SPC, Lean Manufacturing, FMEA, operational excellence).
- Organize and drive quality training for your group.
- Responsible for all aspects of people management:training, performance management, coaching/mentoring, project assignments, budgets.
- Lead recruiting activities for your group – build your team with competent and diligent employees.
- Support your teams technology development: Stays current with the latest technology and manufacturing developments in the various fields. Work with your project managers and module architects on technology road mapping for our suppliers, perform competence development with your team, support problem solving & lessons learned activities; Work with your team to develop technical solutions for your products.
- Manage your stakeholders: Communicate with your stakeholders and customers on a routine basis, set expectations and communicate any gaps.
- Create a vision for your group and drive your team; Strive to be a learning organization; Create an environment of continuous improvement.
Some travel (up to 30%) to Europe, Asia, and within the US can be expected.
Minimum Master’s degree in Physics or an Engineering field (optical or mechanical preferred).
- Secondary degree in the field of Industrial Engineering a plus.
- Industry experience: 4 to 6 years in development and manufacturing of complex high-tech systems along with 5 years minimum of management experience of direct reports preferred. Will consider equivalent project management experience.
Candidate must have:
- Strong leadership and ownership characteristics – demonstrated commitment to achieving results on time; Can jump in and help solve difficult problems when risks or issues occur.
- Experience in manufacturing and an expertise in Lean/Six-Sigma.
- Have strong written and oral communicative skills – ability to communicate effectively to your team, to senior management, to our technology partners, and to our customers.
- Demonstrated “team player” with a strong quality orientation and highly developed interpersonal skills.
- Have direct experience in one or more technical fields:engineering physics, optical engineering, mechanical engineering, mechatronics engineering.
- Capability to interface with multidisciplinary groups (including senior leadership), and be willing to take on responsibility, follow through and help your team keep multiple simultaneous projects on schedule.
- Be willing to own the integrated systems performance, and support the entire product life-cycle (development through sustaining engineering), strive to enable your team to deliver the right design solution for the right cost at the right time.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability