16 days ago - req23305
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Do you have a background in Mechatronics, Control, Dynamics, Mechanical engineering, Electrical engineering? And experience in integration, test planning, test execution and (re)design of Mechatronics systems? Then this position can be very interesting for you!
Contribute to and take responsibility for the integration and qualification of specific functions of a mechatronic (sub-)systems like the projection optics box or wafer stage module. If needed, (re)design of the mechatronics architecture or function of a module. Your job embodies integration, test planning and test execution, with the emphasis on functional performance, signal analysis, functional integration and troubleshooting (both in the factory as at customers), to verify that the design meets specification. Note, escalations at customers are handled mostly from Veldhoven, however travel about once a year is possible. In case the specifications are not met, problem identification, root-cause analysis, containment, risk assessment towards other machines and redesign of the functionality are needed.
- Integration and test of the mechatronic modules: planning and execution
- Provide test rig, proto, pilot, standby and integration support in case of escalations
- Interface towards other projects and sectors. Build up a network with relevant stakeholders in field and factory
- Build up and maintain specialist knowledge in the fields of Servo Control / Motion Control, signal analysis and testing and basic knowledge of the areas software, mechanics, optics, electronics, actuators, sensors and dynamics and apply this knowledge in case of (re)design of functions within the modules.
- Documentation of specifications, design, test results and lessons learned. Prepare and execute knowledge transfers to the factory and the field.
- Work in multidisciplinary project teams, aimed at end to end responsibility of a mechatronics module or function.
Technical University masters/PhD in Mechanical engineering, Control, Dynamics, Electrical engineering or Technical Physics.
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar role, preferably within ASML or in related industry.
- A solid basis in mechatronics with good feeling for mechanics, electronics, software and measurement systems is required.
- Experience in multidisciplinary projects involving mechatronics, optics, electronics and software is a pre.
- Eager to learn and challenge the unknown.
- You get energy from escalations (which can be hectic) and helping our customers in an effective way forward. If needed even at customer locations. Exhibit a service minded attitude towards those you support and solve problems once and for all.
- Team player. Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude.
- Good communicational skills and good knowledge of English.
- Skilled in Matlab and Matlab Simulink
Context of the position
Within ASML the sector Development & Engineering is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products. The department Mechatronics Systems Development is responsible for specification, design, integration and qualification of the mechatronics sub-systems, functions and components which are fitted into the end products. The main focus is on nanometer-accuracy positioning of high speed components.
Please, submit your latest resume and a motivation letter for this role.