30+ days ago - req23304
Optical Coatings Engineer - Entry Level - Guaranteed sign on bonus and relocation
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
JoinASML Wilton today to receive your sign on bonus and relocation.
*Offer valid for Wilton, CT new hire offers made between now and December15, 2021.
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
This entry level engineering position will support optical coating production and development efforts by working closely with engineers and technicians to analyze optical coating processes and quality. Analysis will focus on all aspects of the optical coating process. This includes optics handling and cleaning, both past and current performance, production variables, and process parameters. This analysis will be used to evolve existing processes to improve quality and consistency or to develop advanced processes that can be used in future projects. This candidate will be required to use a variety of analytical equipment to measure optical properties and performance. They will be required to prepare and operate equipment for research and development purposes. This role also requires diligent documentation of all measurements and testing and clear communication of the results to multiple parties.
ASML is a global leader in lithography equipment that produces cutting edge computer chips. With multiple factories around the world, the factory in Wilton CT houses both traditional manufacturing and the only internal optics fabrication group within ASML. Optical Fabrication creates complex precision optical components that are installed into all of our DUV and EUV lithography systems. These optics are used in various internal systems such as: wafer alignment, wafer leveling, inspection, stage measurement, reticle handling, metrology measurements, stage positioning and wafer handling.
Optical Coating is the last stage of Optical Fabrication, right before the optics are assembled in a system. The optics are coated with a variety of materials that are deposited onto the optics as precise thin film layers. These special films enhance the surface of the optics for the following purposes:
- Create precise mirror surfaces.
- Eliminate surface reflection.
- Filter certain wavelengths and polarization.
- Create hard, anti-wear surfaces.
- Create electrical conductive/insulating films.
- Surface bonding films.
- ASML’s customers rely on the consistency and long term stability of the optics we produce.
- Optical Coating Engineers and D&E will rely on this individual’s data collection and analysis for decision making.
- Manufacturing Management and Technicians require engineers to build robust/reliable processes to build their optics and maintain on-time deliveries.
Associates or Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as engineering or physical sciences, or equivalent experience.
The right candidate must exhibit:
- Self-motivation for independent research and operations.
- Strong understanding in advanced math and physics.
- Strong analytical skills for data analysis.
- Excellent documentation abilities to record/present test results and process analysis.
- Strong desire to learn and grow in a challenging field.
- Priority of quality for products/measurements over anything else.
- Patience and determination to perform tasks consistently and completely.
- Team-player attitude to work within a dynamic group.
- Ability to follow all safety requirements and wear proper PPE.
- Ability to follow instructions and clearly articulate any questions.
- Familiarity with an manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of optical coatings and thin films.
- Experience with vacuum equipment and technology.
- Hands on experience with optics and optical measurements.
- Familiarity with spectrophotometers and ellipsometers.
- Experience with equipment calibration.
- Cleanroom experience.
- Knowledge of materials processing and characterization.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability