27 days ago - req23444
Project Lead, PL, MDEV Tooling
Research & development
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & development
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
The ASML San Diego EUV D&E group is responsible for the development and engineering of complex vacuum, high pressure, variable temperature, inert gas flow systems and their respective service, manufacturing and qualification tools to create new-to-industry EUV light sources. The complexity of the EUV source places exacting requirements on Mechanical Design of vacuum vessels, inert gas flow in vacuum, material compatibility with refractory metals and glass, cleanliness & particle containment, and high temperature and pressure piping and sealing, combining rapid development timelines with precision engineering and design with high reliability standards. Each sub-system requires unique and creative solutions drawing from precision mechanical design thorough BoM release.
The Tooling Project Leader leads teams of cross-sector members to develop industrialized production tooling modules and contributes at a hands-on level in delivering a variety of tasks including non-technical project completion using an internal customer perspective, from project initiation through delivery. Coordinate cross-functional teams of design engineers, manufacturing staff, outsourced design staff, vendors, supply-chain engineers, analysts, testing and integration teams, and resource managers through the use of meetings, project plans, the ASML gated PGP process, and progress measurement activity which bring projects to completion both on time and within budget
- Lead project teams of various sizes (typically 10-20 people from various technical backgrounds) through the ASML development process (v-model) to deliver state-of-the-art engineering solutions to our customers
- Collaborate with various areas of the organization to provide technical direction on finding solutions to issues
- Accountable for timely and effective delivery of project scope
- Interact with internal/external customers and suppliers at the project and technical level as required
- Uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex product and resourcing issues in creative and effective ways.
- Manages specific projects that have a distinct beginning and end
- Ensures good cross-functional communication (through effective meetings, project plans, email and other means) to ensure coordination between departments/teams/individuals.
- May provide advanced management direction to a technical subject matter area.
- Creates presentation as required to support internal and external program reviews.
- Manages teams ranging in size from 5-20 in delivering to a gated project plan including key deliverables, timeline, budget, and proactive management of expectations and commitment management.
- Interacts closely with development engineers, scientists, suppliers, customer service, manufacturing, safety, and QA to resolve quality issues.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree (or higher)
- Experience with the processes required to design, develop, and industrialize complex products in high volume manufacturing.
- Awareness and understanding of how Tooling is used in volume manufacture to build, qualify, and service large complex modules in the field and on the production floor.
- Minimum of six (6) years of engineering experience is required.
- Excellent decision making skills and business judgment
- Ability to define and tracking short and long-term goals and resources
- Strong organization skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic e-mail systems.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills with the ability to influence, motivate, mentor and lead team resources.
- Ability to leverage team to solve problems and implement solutions to complex problems with available resources
- Ability to lead teams to successfully meet and manage their commitments and their customers expectations.
- Sufficient technical knowledge and experience to be able to communicate effectively with various teams, and to check/review their plans and progress
- Excellent organizational, reasoning, planning and motivational skills
- Excellent problem-solving techniques
- Ability to effectively convey information in graphical and chart formats
- Good meeting practices (proper attendance, agendas, start/stop times, minutes, actions, follow-through).
- Self-starter, self-motivator; willing to do what it takes to get the job done
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability