26 days ago - req23581
EUV Source Performance System Function Architect
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & development
Other technical job categories
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
The EUV Source Performance team in San Diego operates in a fast-paced, uniquely innovative, and challenging environment to deliver new-to-industry products supporting the commercialization of EUV technology by ASML.The EUV Source Performance team is an inter-disciplinary group responsible for securing the performance of EUV light source products at system level. The complexity of the EUV source puts exciting and challenging demands on the team, who will be engaged in the operation of the source, defining and providing solutions to systematically drive the performance of existing and future EUV source products.
The mission of EUV Source Performance is to validate and ensure that EUV sources meet or exceeds customer performance requirements and expectations. In order to execute this mission, EUV Source Performance acts as the critical enabler of knowledge acquisition and transfer throughout the product development process via: Substantive participation in the technology development and system definition process; Ensuring quality of the module to sub-system to system-level performance testing and validation; Driving technology gap closure and refinement of system specifications based upon deep understanding of factory and field performance; and the creation and delivery of analytic tooling, action plans and procedures to drive 100% solving power of the customer service organizations for sustaining products.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual with a broad technical background, excellent communication skills, and ability to influence others. As a Function Architect you will work with a team of highly professional engineers and scientists with diverse academic backgrounds and many years of experience. Your job is to provide technical leadership to the team to deliver practical solutions to enable this complex function.
- Develops the roadmap, requirements, specifications, architecture, and technology development needs for EUV Source Performance, which is required to meet top-level performance specifications related to EUV power, dose, debris, and availability.
- Identifies concepts that can address performance gaps; assesses technology maturity and defines the development and engineering work breakdown for execution by cross-functional teams of seasoned scientists and engineers
- Works with competence experts to develop and validate a model for EUV plasma fundamentals including system-wide considerations, which can be used to predict performance and potential issues, and drive the development roadmap
- Leads architecture and prototyping definition; works with cross-functional teams of mechanical engineers, materials scientists, optical, electrical and software engineers to develop solutions to meet the roadmap
- Develops and maintains the specification document tree; writes and/or reviews key specification and design documentation, coordinates key reviews with Systems Engineering and Project Stakeholders to ensure functional specifications are aligned to system requirements
- Defines Test Protocols; analyzes test data; makes recommendations based on test results for design changes and operational changes to deliver improved performance of sub-modules
- Assesses technology and project risks and defines risk mitigation strategies and approaches with the project leadership team
- Secures and improves technical quality and consistency across communication and reporting
- Developed business cases demonstrating the value of identified candidate work
- Makes balanced prioritization calls based on the dynamic needs of customers together with the triple constraint (scope, schedule, cost)
- Mentors, coaches and oversees the activity of more junior Architects in the Function and Competence organizations; leads the EUV Source Performance architect team
MS or Ph.D. in Engineering, Physics or related technical discipline, 8+ years of experience in a technical leadership role
- Expert in software tools for data analysis, including Matlab and Python
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic e-mail systems.
- Has led a successfully completed project.
- Deep familiarity with the scientific method for data-driven problem solving
- Leadership experience including leading small technical teams.
- Ability to cross functional boundaries to build relationships with all areas in the company, to understand and reconcile higher level company and customer needs.
- Previous role(s) in Technology, Process and/or Engineering Design of Semiconductor processing equipment a strong plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- Passion for commercialization and driving innovation at a rapid pace
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic, flexible and a good communicator
- Think broad, learn fast, take responsibility, act decisively and show critical sense
- Experience with product lifecycle management, including roadmap definition
- Ability to initiate, influence and drive
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability