24 days ago - req23509
Mechanical Design Engineer
Research & development
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & development
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
“This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.”
The EUV source team in San Diego operates in a fast-paced, uniquely innovative and challenging environment to create new-to-industry solutions with rapid productization to support an aggressive commercialization plan for the EUV technology within ASML. The Mechanical Development Department is responsible for design, development and engineering for the EUV source modules. This position is in the tin management team for the next generation of EUV source mechanical modules. ASML is looking for a driven, hands on mechanical engineer for design of complex mechanical modules, all while working under extremely challenging dynamic conditions for the EUV source.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
- Assists with an assigned light source sub-system project through direct technical advice, schematics/design, approvals, and collaboration with Development Engineering team.
- Assists in providing a broad mechanical engineering design background and performs mechanical engineering analysis (stress, vibrations, thermal), design for control and distribution of inert and hazardous gases, air and water handling for thermal management of equipment and enclosures, large enclosure design, electrical component packaging, mechanical structural mounts and fixtures, design for manufacturability in low volume products, and design for configuration management.
- Assists in generating module or system concepts to meet product requirements.
- Assists in performing detailed design and component layout for new or improved subsystems.
- Assumes engineering responsibility for component and subassembly test development, data acquisition, analysis, and reporting.
- Performs tolerance analysis at system and subsystem level.
- Perform analytical analysis for thermal and structural components and sub-modules.
- Assists in a project plan including key deliverables, timeline, and budget.
- Works with other Engineers and CAD Designers for prototype and pilot detailed design.
- Supports driving full documentation of design including, BOM, drawings, and procedures.
- Responsible for the research and selection of new suppliers with potential for turn-key provision of key subsystems.Responsible for providing technical expertise in the core technology area of the potential suppliers to reveal best design path and performance.
- Interacts closely with development engineers, scientists, suppliers, and QA to resolve quality issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requires minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of four (4) years of relevant work experience. Can consider a Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of two (2) years of relevant work experience.
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Proficiency in Solid Modelling with Siemens NX required
- Proficiency in PLM software Siemens Team Center Engineering required
- Proficiency in Engineering Change (ECN / ECR) process required
- Proficiency in making 2D drawing and application of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) required
- Experience in Finite Element Analysis using Ansys or NX simulation preferred
- Previous experience working in the Semiconductor industry preferred
- Hands on experience and knowledge of machining and fabrication techniques preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office tools (Excel, Word, Power Point, Visio & Outlook) required
- Ability to organize work effectively and having a systematic approach in problem solving in a dynamic work environment
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability