27 days ago - req23512
Sr. Source Performance Analytics Engineer
Research & development
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & development
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
“This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.”
The EUV Source Performance team in San Diego operates in a fast-paced, uniquely innovative, and challenging environment to deliver new-to-industry products supporting the commercialization of EUV technology by ASML.The Source Performance team is an inter-disciplinary group responsible for securing the performance of EUV light source products at system level. The complexity of the EUV source puts exciting and challenging demands on the Source Performance Analytics Engineer, who will be engaged in data engineering and data science efforts used to drive performance improvements of EUV source products.
The person in this role will serve as the primary interface between the Source Performance (SP) department, Customer Support (CS), and Information Technology (IT) to translate engineering’s data and analytics requirements into an actionable roadmap. The candidate will have extensive engineering experience designing or supporting product development and an affinity towards big data and advanced analytics techniques. The successful candidate will ensure continued access and quality of the fundamental data streams and infrastructures required for the SP team to execute its mission.
The role requires a willingness to develop a mastery of complex experimentation of significant technical depth. To be successful, the candidate must combine strong numerical analysis skills, using Matlab, Python, Spark, etc. to translate large sets of data into actionable results. In addition, to be effective in the role candidates must possess interpersonal skills to cross functional boundaries and to build constructive and effective relationships across the organization.
- Assist product focused engineers to define the data requirements necessary to achieve department goals
- Translate engineering data requirements to IT and drive technical excellence in the implementation of those solutions
- Coach, mentor, and train other engineers within the department in the use of the latest IT technologies and solutions
- Drive the efficiency of analytics within the department through code reuse, documentation, and leadership in best practices
- Develop analytic software applications for use by the entire Development and Engineering (D&E) community, typically in Matlab and Python
- Develop and align an analytic roadmap that supports the scope of work within the SP team and corporate priorities
- Translate the design and test requirements into comprehensive analytic tools, test plan documents, and procedures
- Reduce large amounts of data into a concise summary, create high quality presentations of the research, form conclusions based on results, and clearly articulate recommended actions
- Hands-on evaluation of complex hardware and software prototype designs being developed using sophisticated experimental protocols to validate, maximize, document, and communicate the performance of EUV source products
- Serve as an expert in system level performance of key sub-systems related to laser light generation, amplification, and controls. Be willing to apply theoretical models, concepts, methods, and novel experimental techniques to quantitatively interpret performance of EUV source systems across a wide range of issues and multiple technical disciplines.
- Work closely with and lead cross-functional teams (systems engineering, development engineering, scientists, global customer support personnel, manufacturing personnel, senior management, marketing, external customers) to set clear technical directions
- Prepare and/or review system and sub-system functional test plans and create traceability from system functional requirements
- Utilize test data to assess performance capabilities and assist in the documentation of procedures and the validation of system, operations and service
- Produce clear and concise documentation in defined ASML formats
- Travel as required for the purposes of alignment and collaboration with cross-ocean colleagues and stakeholders
PhD or M.S. in Data Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Physics, Applied Physics, or other Physical Science.
- Knowledge and experiences in optics, laser-induced plasma, optical metrology, and/or controls of such
- 5 or more years of product development experience, preferably in the semiconductor industry
- Understanding of the concept of large complex system integration and practices
- Understanding of the concepts of optics and lasers, plasma generation, and control systems
- Understanding of large corporate data infrastructure, data pipelines, and Hadoop infrastructure
- Proficiency in use of data analysis tools such as Matlab, Python, and Spark
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent inter-personal and customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to translate knowledge and hand-on experiences into technical instructions and procedures
- Ability to define and execute tasks based on project descriptions with minimum or no supervision
- Ability to setup and use the test and analytical equipment commonly used for the optics, laser and plasma research
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability