14 days ago - req23539
Supplier Quality Risk Mitigation Engineer
Research & development
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Research & development
Other job categories
Are you experienced in creating a manufacturing or assembly flow based on a Bill of Materials? Do you understand the product design of high tech machinery? Would you like to work in a team to ensure the part quality requirement based on your risk assessment? Would you like to further develop your result driven approach and your excellent stakeholder management skills? Experience with Design for Six Sigma and SPC is a plus.
As a Supplier Quality Risk Mitigation Engineer within Development & Engineering you will be operating in a fast paced and multidisciplinary development environment.
The Supplier Quality Risk Mitigation Engineer creates a risk analysis during the development of a product based on the available Technical Product Documentation and the Bill of Materials. Based on this documentation the information will be enhanced with part and process risks. This will result in a list of risks which must be mitigated in a team which comprises designers, Supplier Quality Engineers (SQE) and suppliers. Using your personal skills, you will work closely together with the suppliers & ASML optical, electrical, mechanical, mechatronic, gas and fluid development teams ofto optimize the effectiveness and efficiency of the product generation process, in alignment with the ASML project plan. The main goal of this cross-sector activity is to secure an excellent quality of parts delivered by our suppliers.
Within the D&E organization, the Supplier Quality Risk Mitigation Engineer is responsible to deliver a risk analysis during the early supplier involvement. This report forms the base of the mitigation plan at the supplier. Using your in-depth technical knowledge, analytic thinking, political antenna and excellent people skills, you work closely with designers, SQE and suppliers to build up intimate knowledge of their intellectual property and technological capabilities. The Supplier Quality Risk Mitigation Engineer is part of the D&E project team and, therefore, interfaces with project leaders, design engineers, architects, supplier quality engineers, suppliers, etc.
The main responsibilities are:
- Collaborate with designers and SQE’s to specify the DPMO of the part, based on historical information.
- Deliver a risk analysis to SQE’s which identify NPI risks inherent in the Bill of Materials (BoM) and the processes at supplier that require risk mitigation.
- Collaborate with designers and SQE’s to ensure risks inherent to the design are mitigated prior to TPD being finalized.
- Visit suppliers with the SQE to execute a Gemba walk to ensure risks inherent to the manufacturing process are mitigated prior to first proto build.
- Prior to release for volume for supply chain re-assess the risks to determine whether the specified DPMO target was reached.
- Deploy and continuously improve the risk mitigation way of working.
- Use the feedback loops from supplier, factory and field to enrich the part/process risk database.
Bachelor or Master degree in mechanics, electronics, mechatronics, applied or industrial engineering.
Broad (at least 3 -5 years, preferably >5 years) experience in high-tech industry, and complex modules, with a focus on supplier quality management or part quality.
We encourage candidates with experience with quality systems and – methods to apply for this vacancy (preferably Six Sigma Green of Black Belt) as well as candidates with experience in engineering towards production processes.
The following personal skills are crucial for a successful role execution:
- Ability to initiate, influence and steer without formal authority.
- Strong networker with good negotiating skills
- Strong communicator.
- Ability to switch between complex matters and high-level conclusions.
- Self-propelling, showing initiative and drive.
- Flexible, result driven and committed.
- Team player
- Process oriented
- Fluent in English
Context of the position
ASML supports the semiconductor industry’s ongoing quest for producing faster, smarter and more energy efficient chips. ASML creates lithographic systems that the semiconductor industry needs to achieve these goals. This can only be accomplished with a strong cooperation with ASML’s suppliers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The job may require international travelling up to 10%.
- The employee has to be able to cope with strict deadlines.
You will report to the manager of the Supplier Quality Engineering Means & Methods group, which is positioned with the D&E Quality department.
Please submit your resume and cover letter when applying for this job.
This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.