21 days ago - req23656
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Computer science & software engineering
IntroductionASML US, LP brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Job MissionASML is a crucial player in a fast moving semiconductor industry which means change is a constant. You will work with your team to capture the constant and dynamic refinement of business priorities and data & analytics user stories. You are looked upon, and rewarded for, being able constantly switch between business value and technical implementation. Together with your team you will work constantly to drive ASML’s ambition by building a modern Data & Analytics platform and data foundation, using modern DevOps and Cloud components and leveraging the Agile mindset fully.
In the role of Data Engineer, you will be responsible for the design, build and the technical support of our on-premise and cloud-based data foundation, data pipelines and data management solutions built on Cloudera (on-premise), Azure and Google Cloud Platform (GCP) environments. You will be responsible for building and operating the Data Infrastructure for ASML’s Data & Analytics services, including large volume and variety of Business Data and Machine Data.
Job DescriptionAs a member of the IT Big Data & Analytics team you are part of a team of best-in-class engineers, organized in Agile teams. Our mission is to translate ASML’s business challenges into Data & Analytics solutions. You will be part of one of our 50 (!) DevOps teams, working together in a Scaled Agile (SAFe) environment. Our teams are a mix of young talent and senior specialists, with a shared mission to deliver business value for our stakeholders using technology. Next to that, you will closely work together with ASML’s Cloud Centre of Excellence (GCP & Azure) to ensure maximum reusability and adherence to security standards.
- Design, develop, and support robust, enterprise-grade data pipelines from external and internal data sources into on-premise and on-cloud data targets
- Improve, automate, and strengthen existing data pipelines to improve reliability and availability
- Contribute to the design and implementation to the innovation and improvement of the ASML data foundation
- Strong partner in discussions with solution team system architect and other stakeholders within the internal customer departments
- Contribute to Hadoop and Cloud competence to strengthen and improve local data engineering capabilities and capacity
- Keep abreast with relevant literature, means and methods
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical domain. Master’s degree a plus!
- Azure, GCP, or AWS certifications related to data management and engineering preferred
- Cloudera or Hortonworks certifications preferred
- Unix/Linux (i.e. RHEL Certified Engineer, Debian, Ubuntu) certifications preferred.
- System Engineer / Administration (i.e. Microsoft, Oracle/Sun, etc.) certifications a plus
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Proficient use of all Microsoft Office suite programs
Proven data algorithm development skills, deep knowledge of SQL database design, excellent written and verbal communication skills, analytical, perseverance, problem solving, strong attention to detail and organizational skills
Context of the positionPHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENTThe physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills
- The employee is required to move around the campus regularly
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk and hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, crawl, reach, and stretch.
- <10% US regional travel expected
- Occasional (annual) international travel possible
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability