15 days ago - req23675
Project Manager for Mechatronics Development Application
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Do you take the lead in driving complex mechatronic systems projects to a successful delivery? Do you have the technical background to lead a multidisciplinary team of mechatronics, mechanics, thermal, electronics and software professionals? To lead the design and improvement projects of our modules in co-operation with one of our key suppliers? Do you see the big picture without missing important details? Then we want to get in touch with you.
As project leader you will manage a group of highly professional engineers with academic backgrounds and many years’ experience in the industry.
In the position of project leader you and your team take responsibility for the development of mechatronic systems, consisting of hardware (mechanics, electronics) and (embedded) software for ASML’s lithographic products. You are driving the project team internal at ASML and towards the supplier, from specification through system integration and towards release for volume.
As project leader, you will be responsible for the delivery of a mechatronic system or function in our product, on time, within budget and with the agreed quality. Multiple technical disciplines work in your project in a concurrent engineering way.You are responsible for making the technology choices, the specification, design, integration and qualification of mechatronic systems within the boundaries imposed by process and planning. You pro-actively drive the development work in your team and participate in reviewing designs. But above all, you will use your leadership and teamwork skills to solve problems and optimize team performance.
- Create and maintain project plans and proactively drive project realization.
- Manage the delivery of specifications, designs, prototypes and testplans in your team (~30 people) that meet the requirements of the ASML development program.
- Review technical proposals, manage time, quality and budget as well as the risks and issues in your project.
- Work with team-leaders from mechanical, electronic and software development who take operational responsibility within your project.
- Work intensively with externalco-developers and external manufacturing facilities to ensure timely delivery of prototypes and a smooth transition to volume production.
- Interaction with other project leaders on technical content and with group leaders on allocation of people to your project.
Technical University Masters in Mechatronics, Mechanics, Electronics or Physics.
- 5 to 10 years of experience in project management of complex technical projects cooperating with technical professionals.
- 5 to 10 years of experience in developing, integrating, testing and realization of volume production for complex multidisciplinary products, preferably high tech production equipment.
- Solid technical background (both theoretical and practical) in one or more of the following disciplines: mechatronics, mechanics or electronics.
- Affinity with managing integral business processes in fast growing and dynamic business environments.
- Experience within ASML or with ASML projects is required.
- Highly motivated, enthusiast, flexible and a good communicator, ability to think and act on a strategic level.
- Think broad, learn fast, take responsibility, act decisive and show critical sense.
- Lead and work with a multidisciplinary team, give direction and motivate
- Convince others of your ideas.
- Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude.
- Good knowledge of English.
Context of the position
The department Mechatronics Systems Development application is responsible for specification, design, integration and qualification of the mechatronics sub-systems and components which are fitted into ASML metrology products. The main focus is on nanometer-accuracy positioning of high speed components for transporting/positioning of wafers and reticles and adjustments of optical elements.Control engineering, dynamics, actuator design, position measurement systems are part of this department’s main competences.
This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.