17 days ago - req23686
Senior FPGA designer
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Are you challenged by demanding electronics projects in a multidisciplinary context? Do you have the technical capabilities to provide innovative architectures which enable our product roadmap? Do you have a Bachelor- or Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering and multiple years of experience as a FPGA designer? We might be looking for you!
As a senior FPGA designer you are a key technical contributor to a multidisciplinary team of designers who act on (sub-)system level.You take responsibility for the electronic design and maintenance of FPGA IP blocks (communication link’s, download modules) for new and existing ASML products .
As a FPGA designer in the Generic Design Blocks (GDB) team you are responsible for the following:
- Act as the EDEV representative in a multidisciplinary design team.
- Interact intensively with colleagues from the software & hardware department.
- Define, document and maintain requirements of various IP’s (firmware GBD’s).
- Participate in realization of firmware related products.
- Define, document, and execute tests to ensure that the firmware satisfy the requirements.
- Perform trade-off studies to determine the preferred implementation scenario for new or changed functions. Get agreement with stakeholders.
- Contribute to EGD (Electronic Generics Design) roadmap and building-blocks. COTS solutions and using industry standards are highly preferred.
- Make work breakdown and planning for the various firmware products, adjusted with other stakeholders.
- Solving issues during 1st product integration.
- Analyze and solve GDB design issues.
Bachelor- or Master Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 8+ years of experience as senior designer of FPGA’s or IC’s is a must have.
- Experience with VHDL / RTL Design is a must have.
- Experience with board design (E.g. PCB’s) is a pre.
- Broad technical knowledge of digital IP’s (Firmware building-blocks) is a pre.
- Experience with programming cores NIOSII / ARM’s in C is a pre.
- Experience with Altera / Xilinx Design Flow is a pre.
- High motivated team player with excellent social- and communication skills.
- Ability to give technical direction in a team of designers.
- Quality and efficiency focus
- Pragmatic attitude
- Organizes work effectively and logically
- Fluent English in word and in writing (Dutch is convenient but not mandatory)
Context of the position
The sector Development & Engineering (D&E) of ASML is responsible for the specification, design and realization of the products in the ASML portfolio.
Within the sector D&E the department Electronic Development (EDEV) is responsible for the definition, realization, qualification and integration of all electronic functions and modules within these products.
Within EDEV the group Electrical System Architecture (ESA) is responsible for the architecture, design, realization and qualification of electrical functions that are relevant for the system as a whole (i.e. not only for a particular subsystem or component). The GDB team is part of the ESA group and responsible for the development and maintenance of generic FPGA IP blocks (including HW) for all ASML PCB and FPGA designs.
The FPGA designer will report to the team leader of the GDB team.
What is working at ASML like? Check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXpAMguP-vQ
Please add your complete & recent CV and cover letter for this position to your application.
We can't process your application without the above mentioned documents.