30+ days ago - req23714
Electrical Architect For Optical Sensors
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Are you challenged by the engineering of electronic / electrical solutions for high-tech products? And do you have excellent communication skills, combined with a high level of discipline? You’d better contact us today!
Define, realize, manage and maintain various measurement electronics concepts and products, such as sensors, (programmable) printed circuited board assemblies, cabling, connection panels, communication links and electronics racks, for existing and new ASML products.
The Architect Electronics Sensor Applications is responsible for the following:
- Define, document and maintain specifications of the electrical architecture, of sensor electronics related modules and of electrical infrastructure.
- Act as the EDEV representative in a multidisciplinary design team.
- Interact intensively with colleagues from the software, opto-mechanics and mechatronics department.
- Perform trade-off studies to determine the preferred implementation scenario for new or changed functions. Get agreement with stakeholders.
- Make work breakdown and planning for the various measurement electronics products, adjusted with other stakeholders.
- Manage the outsourced design of LS and PM electronics related modules.
- Maintain knowledge and roadmap concerning the sensor and measurement electronics within the ASML products. Contribute to the multidisciplinary roadmap.
- Act as a technical coach for other designers.
- Transfer knowledge to production- and service-engineers.
- Contribute to analysis and solution of reliability issues.
Master degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Multiple years of experience in system design for state-of-the-art multidisciplinary systems and multiple years of experience as an electronics designer
- Knowledge of- and experience with: definition and realization of sensor & measurement systems.
- Broad technical knowledge of electronics with basic knowledge of software, optics and mechatronics.
- Highly motivated, team player with good social- and communication skills.
- Show initiative, responsibility and take ownership.
- Pro-active, high drive attitude.
- Leadership: ability to give technical direction in a team of designers.
- Structured with eye for details.
- Accurate and problem-solving;
- Persuasiveness and decisiveness. Pragmatic attitude.
- Personal authority.
- Affinity with physics, mechanics and / or mechatronics is a pre.
- Excellent knowledge of the English language, both spoken and written (preferably also of the Dutch language).
Context of the position
The sector Development & Engineering (D&E) of ASML is responsible for the specification, design, and realization of the products in the ASML portfolio.
Within the sector D&E the department Electronic Development (EDEV) is responsible for the definition, realization, qualification, and integration of electronic functions and modules within these products.
The (EDEV) group Level Sensor (LS) and Position Measurement (PM) Electronics is responsible for the definition, realization, qualification and integration of electronic functions needed for Wafer leveling and (Stage) Position Measurement.
The architect (optical) sensor electronics reports to the Group Manager LS and PM Electronics.
Please submit your resume and cover letter when applying for this position.
*This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.