12 days ago - req23718
Laser Expert Technician
In a nutshell
Are you challenged by complex problems on a high performance laser during a critical phase in the system integration process of the EUV machine? Do you enjoy deep diving in the technology to ensure timely delivery of a complete ASML scanner to our customers? Then we should talk!
The sector EF (EUV Factory) is responsible both for the production and installation of wafer steppers, scanners and light sources for EUV systems. An important part of the system is the high power CO2 Laser that is used to generate the plasma the emits EUV light. This is installed in Veldhoven and in the field by TRUMPF, a partner in EUV. The EF Production Support TRUMPF World Wide team is the ASML counterpart for TRUMPF during the install. Recently the responsibility for maintaining, repairing and upgrading the laser after the install is finished is added to this teams scope. A new operational team is introduced to executed these tasks. This Laser Expert Technician position is specifically created to be part of this new team.
To repair, requalify, upgrade and maintain the high power CO2 laser system installed in Veldhoven back to agreed specifications in the best possible cycle time.
- Perform complex repair actions of Drive Lasers installed in the EF factory in Veldhoven, including re-alignment of the laser;
- Re-qualification Driver Lasers to the level needed to operate again in an EUV scanner;
- Execute upgrades on drive lasers;
- Perform maintenance actions on drive lasers in operation in the EUV factory.
During these activities the candidate is responsible for progress which includes solving problems which may occur while maintaining the planned delivery times and quality. The CO2 Technician makes suggestions for improvement of products and process regarding both existing and new products. She or he provides support when new products are introduced into the production process, identifies and reports expected bottlenecks and solves technical problems if needed in close cooperation with other disciplines.
- Bachelor mechanical engineering, mechatronics, applied physics, aerospace or automotive engineering;
- At least a vocational degree in the areas mentioned above can also apply, with at least 4 years of hands-on assembly/qualification experience and experience with diagnosis to high tech equipment.
We are looking for candidates with proven affinity with system testing / assembling and troubleshooting is essential. The preference is not given to candidates who only have work experience in precision / fine mechanical assembly. A mix between gross and fine mechanics is preferred.
- Able to work in multi-disciplinary teams within a high-tech environment;
- Able to deal with, or even enjoy, a high degree of uncertainty and challenge;
- Independent, pro-active and a flexible team player;
- Analytical: you are able to determine the cause of problems and solve them independently;
- Methodical: You can work according to standard work practices;
- Eager to learn and expand skills;
- Strong learning skills, especially with lecture on high technical level;
- Willing to share and train knowledge and skills;
- Willing to work in 2 shifts;
- Able to speak and understand English; able to write procedure comments and transfer documents in English.
Context of the position
- The Laser Expert Technician reports to the Team Leader EF Production Support CO2 expert team;
- The job will be executed in a 2-shift operation, working in an extremely clean environment.
We will only consider candidates who attach their CV and cover letter stating their clear motivation to apply for this position at ASML.