18 days ago - req23703
Project Management Office (PMO) Planner
Other job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Other job categories
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
The Project Management Office (PMO) Planner performs non-technical project completion using an internal customer perspective, typically from initiation through delivery. He or she coordinates cross-functional teams through meetings and progress measurement activity, which bring distinct, specific projects to completion both on time and within budget.The PMO Planner is a highly visible role in which you support a product development project team to deliver cross sector project level support. This position will act as a single point of contact to provide resource planning support and project management administration on behalf of the project group in the disciplines of the ASML Product Generation Processes (PGP).You will work in a team setting aligned with the Project Management Offices in the Netherlands, Wilton, CT., San Jose, CA., and San Diego, CA.
“This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.”
- Act as key player in decision making to a project team by providing accurate project- and program- management reporting, metrics and analysis, with consideration of the triple constraint management methodology.
- Act as PMO expert and Business Partner to the project team, providing program management skills, and acting as the key contact for internal PGP process knowledge.
- Support resource management activities and analysis during regular budget cycles, analyzing project trends and communicating respective impacts to finance points of contact and business partners.
- Coordinate and support key product reviews utilizing project management skills, including but not limited to project plans, resource management, dashboards, and issue tracking.
- Support the D&E and Project Team in communicating and/or escalating, to the sponsor and different stakeholders, the issues/risks, mitigation and deviations to the agreed baselines.
- Pro-actively embed, monitor and control PMO standards and processes to the Project Clusters and underlying projects and be the interface with PMO counterparts based in the Netherlands and other ASML locations. Drive for efficiency and transparency.
- Secure documentation and retention of all relevant Project Management documents, decisions and changes.
- Participate in cross PMO initiatives to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the project management processes.
- Use professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Manage specific projects that have a distinct beginning and end.
- Ensure good cross-functional communication (through effective meetings, email and other means) to ensure coordination between departments/teams.
- Create presentations as required to support internal and external program reviews.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, or related field. Bachelors in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical) is a plus. MBA is a plus.
- Minimum of three (3) years of relevant, work related experience is required.
- At least three years’ experience as an Associate in Project Management, supporting large and complex projects. i.e. Data analysis, resource management, etc.Prior PMO experience is a plus.
- Expert knowledge in the area of Project Management, data analysis, and supportive tooling [MS Excel (pivot tables), MS PowerPoint,MS Project, MS Access].
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite and electronic e-mail systems.
- Understanding of Change Management.
- Experience and / or knowledge of AGILE / JIRA is a plus.
- PMI certification or equivalent (e.g. CAPM, PMP, IPMA) desired.
- Sufficient technical knowledge and experience to be able to communicate effectively with various teams, and to check/review their plans and progress.
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Ability to effectively convey information in graphical and chart formats.
- Good meeting practices (proper attendance, agendas, start/stop times, minutes, actions, follow-through).
- Ability to define and tracking short and long-term goals and resources.
- Strong organizational skills.
- May require travel dependent on business needs. Less than 10%
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills with the ability to influence, motivate, mentor and lead team resources.
- Ability to solve problems and implement solutions to complex problems with available resources.
- Ability to lead and manage teams to successfully meet their commitments.
- Excellent organizational, reasoning, planning and motivational skills.
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel (specify domestic and/or international) dependent on business needs – specify percentage of travel.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability