25 days ago - req23712
System Integration Engineer
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Research & development
Other technical job categories
Are you an engineer who thinks and acts on system level? Would you like to continuously improvethe performance of the machine? Do you have a broad technical interestcombined with good communication skills? Do you want to use your technical knowledge to define and facilitate the most efficient and effective test and integration strategy? Then the job of a System Test Engineer is just for you!
Your mission will be defining and driving the system integration of new products/options for full functional machine and performance qualification within time to market target. In the position of System Test Engineeryou will be part of the team that defines the integration strategy and gives an advise of the quality and risks still left after the integration of integrates a wide variety of hardware, software and other deliveries into one system that performs at a the specified level.
The System Test Engineertakes the technical lead in the integration of multiple subsystem deliveries into one complete system and the testing verification of these deliveries. Integration is done on both functional level and on performance level of the key performance indicators of ASML’s systems (throughput, overlay, focus etc.). The System Test Engineer defines the optimal integration and test strategy to achieve this goal and takes part in execution of this strategy on one or more platforms for his integration steps.The System Test Engineer (STE) analyzestakes the lead in the creation of the test strategy of projects, deliverables and identifies gaps that projects may have due to limited system level knowledge adds value from system level perspective. Resulting in a solid advise towards the business line w.r.t. the delivered quality.During integration and introduction of the systems at the first customers, the System Test Engineer STE will also take the lead in the analysis of complex system issues and in the definition and testing of the solution for such issues (.on or off site).
Main activities and responsibilities::
- Define optimal integration and test strategy: which items are needed in which order to perform stepwise integration into one system
- Verification of the quality of subsystem deliveries by reviewing their qualification reports
- Coordinate intake of subsystem deliveries including the verification of sufficient quality
- Support/participate with thein integration tests on the system, mainly during troubleshooting or critical test phases
- Take lead in the definition of the problem statement and be a sparring partner during the analysis and solution phase of the found of system issues that have been found during integration testing
- Report and advise toward program management on system integration progress, test results amount of risk mitigated and the system’s functional, performance and reliability capabilities
- Take lead in analysis of system issues that have been found during integration testing
- Define – both short and long term – solutions for system issues
Technical education on MSc. Level in direction of Physics, Physics, (electro-)Optics , Mechanical, Electrical or engineering, Mechatronics , Electrical engineering or equivalent.
- Knowledge on system level of ASML machines
- Experience in integration activities, e.g. as integrator or architect in multidisciplinary projects
- Knowledge on system level of ASML machines (preferred)
- Hands-on experience in working on ASML machines (preferred) for at least 1 year
- Analytically strong, enthusiastic, flexible, assertive, proactive, structured
- Ability to interface and/ cooperate with different people on different organizational levels
- Ready to be employed at least 2 years Ready to be employed at least 2 years
- Ability/willingness to attend additional courses
- Ability/ willingness to work at local sites for short periods (max. 2 weeks/year)
Context of the position
The DE (Development & Engineering) P&I (Performance & Integration) System Integration department is responsible for the integration, verification and release of system configurations such that these can be manufactured and installed within the required quality and can also be maintained in the field. We supportBusiness Line, Manufacturing and Customer service to achieve customer satisfaction.
High quality people are a key asset to our company. To recognize that, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefits packages to attract and retain the very best people and let them share in the success that they build. Our rewards philosophy is to attract and retain specific professional knowledge and competencies within the company by offering a competitive package in local markets where ASML is active.
This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.