19 days ago - req23800
Customer Support – Competence Engineer Expert
In a nutshell
Are you challenged by providing the best service solutions on complex systems? Do you have hands-on experience and good analytical skills, complemented with a technical background? ASML is looking for people like you to join our Competence Engineering Expert teams.
The Competency Engineering Expert teams are part of the Customer Support (CS) DUV Engineering department. The mission of the department is to deliver the perfect service solutions for the ASML scanners & products. As THE service expert for your competency, you will be responsible for the completeness and the quality of all knowledge, tools and spare parts that are required to diagnose, repair, recover and upgrade ASML systems installed in a customer fab. You will function as the technical interface between CS Local organizations all around the world and ASML Headquarters. You enable global collaboration to secure the CS long term ambitions.
You combine in-depth knowledge with field experience and the ability to consolidate this into worldwide best practices. Next to your CS field colleagues, you will partner with the key sectors Development & Engineering (D&E), Manufacturing and Supply Chain. Your awareness of the environment in which your field service colleagues perform maintenance and upgrades, enables you to identify and solve gaps in our service mix and to deliver end-user feedback in improvement projects in Veldhoven.
Your engineering skills enable you to do an in-depth analysis of structural issues, identify possible improvements and quantify the impact on operational targets to help set the right priorities on what to solve and what not. You support our CS DUV Engineering Architect Interface team to set the direction for the most efficient solution and steer technical discussions with solution providers.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Build and maintain technical expertise for your competence area (e.g. Optics, Flow & Temperature control, Wafer Stage)
- Validate and support roll-out of solutions to the Field.
- Handshake and validate Service Mix of new products and functionalities delivered by D&E to enable independent operation by CS Field organization
- Transfer and maintain all relevant knowledge to the CS field engineers in the form of documentation, training and Knowledge Transfer
- Facilitate and maintain a global competency network.
- Support the Architect Interface team with:
- In-depth analysis of structural issues from installed base of machines at customers
- Quantification of the impact of structural issues on the operational targets
- Definition of solutions for the Field organization on a technical level.
Higher Technical College or (Technical) University (B.Sc./M.Sc.) in Industrial engineering, Production/ Manufacturing Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering.
Preferable 3-7 years working experience.
- To be flexible but result driven. To enjoy a rapidly changing environment in which constant prioritizationof tasks is key.
- To enjoy working with various stakeholders both worldwide and cross competencies.
- Pro-active attitude and taking initiative
- Analytical skills
- To have a passion for learning and sharing knowledge
- Team player with excellent communication skills in a multicultural work environment
- Excellent verbal and writing skills in English
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time (post-COVID)
Context of the position
The sector Customer Support (CS) is responsible for the maintenance, repair, relocation and upgrades as well ascontinuous improvement of ASML systems at customer locations. Also we are transferring all relevant knowledge and supporting the customer in the use of these systems in his production process.
What we offer:
- A young and ambitious environment where personal development stands central.
- Large degree of freedom and independence within your job.
- Large responsibility in the projects and teams in which you will be involved.
- International working environment, both within Veldhoven and worldwide at our local offices
Please submit your CV and cover letter when applying for this role.