11 days ago - req23813
MDEV Group Lead
Research & development
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Research & development
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
ASML, a market leader in the semiconductor lithography equipment, is looking to fill the role of Group Leader within the Mechanical Development Engineering group. The role will require managerial and technical leadership for up to a 30 member group working on the concept, analysis, development and delivery of intricate lithography components. We are looking for someone with a strong technical background to be able to assume the leadership responsibilities while being a hands-on member providing support where needed. This is a very technical group where a complex engineering background and analytic thought are as important as inspiring leadership and people development.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
As a Mechanical Engineering Manager (or Group Lead), you will be responsible for leading a team of 15-30 direct reports consisting of Mechanical Team Leads, Mechanical Architects, and Mechanical Design Engineers. This team is responsible for the mechanical design, development, and continuous improvement of the high-speed and extreme precision Reticle Handling and Retical Positioning mechatronic subsystems within ASML’s latest Extreme Ultraviolet (EUV) semiconductor lithography system.
As direct line manager, you will partner closely with the Project Managers regarding present and future scope and timing of deliverables. Be accountable for the quality, technical integrity, and planning for on time execution of deliverables. Collaborate on project planning, attend design reviews, and review and approve technical documentation. Be responsible for hiring direct, contract, and intern/Co-Op employees. Meet regularly one on one with your team members and hold regular team meetings to provide mentoring, coaching, and career development guidance. Collect feedback, provide input to salary and promotion decisions, and deliver annual performance evaluations. You will also be challenged to identify and lead continuous improvement projects that improve the way of working, increase collaboration, and streamline our ASML processes.
- Responsible for people management and career development activities including recruiting, onboarding, training, mentoring, coaching, and performance evaluation.
- Responsible for leading a group to perform conceptual design, analysis, and research of new products and innovative changes to existing products using complex or novel engineering approaches and used advanced engineering tools such as solid modeling and FEA.
- Work with multiple engineering disciplines and co-developers to ensure timely realization of competitive, serviceable products that keep the semiconductor industry moving forward.
- Exposure to multi-disciplinary projects, such as robotics, mechatronics, or optical systems and developing the skillsets within the Mechanical Development organization to successfully realize leading edge complex machines that are critical to the production of integrated circuits and microchips.
- Responsible for resource management working with Project Leaders to anticipate program staffing and skillset needs and to optimally allocate work between onsite personnel and external codevelopers.
- Lead continuous improvement projects to further improve the quality and efficiency of the organization.
Master’s degree in Engineering preferred or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3+ years of direct management experience in a technical field.
- Minimum 10+ years of Mechanical Engineering experience in a high tech design and analysis environment.
- Preferred; previous experience within semiconductor, precision engineering or mechatronics field.
- Possess strong leadership and ownership characteristics – demonstrated commitment to achieving results on time.
- Have strong written and oral communicative skills – ability to communicate effectively to your team and to senior management.
- Demonstrated “team player” with a quality orientation and interpersonal skills.
- Capability to interface with multidisciplinary groups (including senior leadership), and be willing to take on responsibility, follow through and keep multiple simultaneous projects on schedule.
- Be willing to own the integrated systems performance, and support the entire product life-cycle (development through sustaining engineering).Strive to enable your team to deliver the right design solution for the right cost at the right time.
- Ability to inspire and coach individuals and groups to achieve career development and performance targets.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- A challenging opportunity to expand your knowledge in a wide variety of engineering application areas and to work on problems spanning all technical fields.
- Highly creative and qualified teams with a diversity of experience.
- Great career opportunities at a quickly growing high-tech company.
- World class technical problems to solve.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability