30+ days ago - req23893
Mechatronics Design Engineer - Controls - Guaranteed sign on bonus and relocation
Research & development
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Research & development
JoinASML Wilton today to receive your sign on bonus and relocation.
*Offer valid for Wilton, CT new hire offers made between now and December15, 2021.
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
A well-rounded mechatronics engineer in this position will work on mechatronics, sub-nanometer linear motion control, product and system integration and software functionality, all specific to ASML products. The main focus will be mechatronics and control systems on advanced modules in lithography tools. Candidate should have direct experience in the design and test of mechatronic systems and control systems, preferably in the area of multi-stage linear motion.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
- Design and develop custom mechatronics systems with a cross sector team, including translating stages, linear motors, sensors, servos, actuators, dynamics, controls, etc.
- Troubleshoot designs to determine potential risks, failure modes, and corrective actions.
- Responsible for “sustaining engineering” tasks, resolving equipment design issues in a timely fashion as they arise at customer sites.
- Participate in concept designs and experiments for future equipment and subsystems.
- Run complex mechatronic systems for test and qualification of design changes.
- Design quality products using six sigma and lean process techniques for robust designs.
- Create documentation for product designs and operations to be used in a clean manufacturing environment.
- Work with external suppliers to define and develop certain aspects of new product design while collaborating with internal cross discipline teams.
- Take direction from ASML System Architects and Senior Engineer mentors who are leading the development effort of critical large capital equipment.
- Occasional travelto Europe, Asia and within the US can be expected.
BS (MS preferred) in a relevant Engineering field (Mechatronics, Mechanical, Electrical, etc.) or equivalent experience.
- 3-7 years of experience.
- Mechatronics engineering background or specialization in closely related areas such as robotics or other fields.
- Experience with PID controllers, linear and nonlinear calibrations, flexible dynamics.
- Experience with magnetic linear actuators and magnetic levitation systems a plus.
- Basic experience with mechatronics behavior predictive modeling and methods in MATLAB/SIMULINK or similar tools, including “first principle” engineering equations and other techniques, particularly applied to control system simulation and implementation.
- Ability to apply “classical control theory” and “digital control theory” including frequency domain, stability (Nyquist/Bode plots), Velocity-Acceleration-Jerk (VAJ), feedback/feedforward, dynamics, gain and phase, transfer functions, continuous/discrete feedback control, real time controls, etc.
- Ability to derive conclusions from analyses and make practical recommendations.
- Strong technical writing and communication skills in English, including presenting results based on strong statistical evidence to audiences of a wide range of technical abilities.
- Exposure to multi-disciplinary projects, such as imaging/optical systems, semiconductor, or lithography preferred but not required.
- Customer-oriented and willing to work with high level problem solvers on a daily basis.
- Genuine interest in mechatronics engineering and analysis, as well as in developing precision systems that can perform reliably at customer sites.
- High-energy, quick study with flexible nature.
- Self-motivated team player with strong desire to learn and ability to handle multiple projects and tasks concurrently and with minimal guidance.
- High potential to develop into a technical or personal leader in the organization.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- A challenging opportunity to expand your knowledge in a wide variety of engineering application areas and to work on problems spanning all technical fields.
- Highly creative and qualified teams with a diversity of experience.
- Great career opportunities at a quickly growing high-tech company.
- World class technical problems to solve.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability