12 days ago - req23983
Pre development engineer, laser physics/optics
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Do you have a creative way of thinking and do you like to be challenged in solving complex problems? If so then you will enjoy working in our EUV Source Laser department! It’s a great opportunity for professional development and personal growth. Especially when you are a true self-starter who likes to understand and improve a complex high power laser and optical system.
As a Pre-Development Design Engineer you are part of a multidisciplinary team (optical, thermal, mechanical, electrical, software) that performs feasibility studies in order to secure the next generation EUV source Laser and strengthen the ASML EUV source laser IP portfolio.
You achieve your goals by building knowledge of the product design, functionality and fundamental working principle. You do this by coming up with creative solutions, creating optical models and translating the outcome into practical designs, including experimental verification.
In this team, you will create solutions to complex optical problems and participate in writing software tools which allow fast understanding and predictions of the behavior of the optical systems in the source laser, through modeling and analysis. You will be able to verify your ideas and the performance of your tools using our test systems, you transfer the results to the product development teams for industrialization of the solution.
Your daily activities are:
- Generate new ideas / proposals to address challenges in future generation products.
- Use modelling to come to design choices.
- Align your designs with team members from different disciplines and external partners / suppliers.
- Proof of concept including designing experimental feasibility studies.
- Documentation and communication of the design concepts
PhD (Technical Physics, Experimental Physics)
2-5 year in a research and development environment (or a PhD Position providing relevant experience).
- Ability to overview and understand the physical operation principal of complex optical system and generate detailed modeling and simulation to predict its performance.
- Creative mind
- Demonstrated proficiency in at least one programming language (preferably Python, Matlab)
- Define and build-up optical tests setups.
- Good (English) communication skills in technical and cross-project interactions.
- Team player
- Ability to handle multiple stakeholders or customers
- Strong self-propelling behavior
- Express a ‘can-do’ and problem solving mentality
- Eager to develop yourself personally and technically
- Experience with a revision control system (GIT)
- Experience with high power systems is a plus