11 days ago - req23954
Procurement Category Manager
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Other job categories
ASML US, LP brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA.
To drive all procurement and contracting activities for assigned areas of spend. Achieve financial and non-financial goals that align with those of ASML’s Sourcing organization as well as the stakeholders. This role is responsible for national and local supply management of all assigned areas of spend. He or she acts as an independent leader, actively sourcing, managing supplier performance, and close alignment with the business and stakeholders.
The NPR Category Manager is responsible for developing technical expertise and market intelligence for their area of spend. He/She will couple those market insights with advanced procurement technical skills so as to translate those insights into meaningful value for key stakeholders and ASML. He/She seeks out, develops, and actively manages key supplier relationships.The NPR Category Manager will interface with Legal, Finance, and other areas to ensure that supplier relationships are appropriately vetted, contracts are consistent with policy, and risk has been effectively managed. Leads end-to-end procurement processes and promotes continuous improvements both internally and externally. The areas of spend will be Farmout (essentially outsourcing some design and manufacturing initiatives) and Capital Equipment (equipment used in the manufacture of ASML’s end product).
BA in a relevant area (Engineering, Business, Economics, or other related fields)
- > 5 Years of work experience in Procurement. Though not required, experience working in an engineering environment or supporting the needs of an engineering team is preferable.
- The ability to establish and manage positive stakeholder relationships is a key success factor for this role. Excellent project management skills with proven ability to successfully manage high level, high-tech projects with a scope across the entire value chain.
- Able to work independently, managing initiatives through to successful completion.
- Exhibited ability to drive value including but not limited to hard-dollar savings.
- Team player with proven ability to successfully lead complex multi-disciplinary projects across a diverse organizational landscape.
- Excellent communication skills, a consultative approach, and an advanced ability to manage stakeholder relationships.
- Team player who creates commitment and partnership with both internal and external parties.
- Able to navigate a complex organizational landscape and an exhibited ability to influence without power. Strategically focused balanced with a great attention to detail and follow-through.
Context of the position
Procurement Category Manager will handle of good or services for a specific commodities e.g. services, logistics, transport, security, and is responsible for planning and sourcing the area.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability