19 days ago - req24001
Lead Design Engineer Opto-Mechanics
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Are you challenged by demanding projects in a multidisciplinary context? Do you have the technical capabilities to provide innovative and mechanically highly stable solutions? We have a job for you!
Within the group Sensors Mechanics, the team working on Stage Positioning Measurement systems is looking for an experienced design engineer to join the developments of opto-mechanical modules which are responsible for the accurate positioning of mirrors in the projection optics box of the newest ASML machines. These optical modules need to provide sub-nanometer stability and are highly accurate. It requires a complex combination and understanding of precision engineering, thermal, dynamic and material behavior, opto-mechanics, and high precision manufacturing competences to get this job done.
Take ownership and manage designs and design changes in the field of highly accurate and stable opto-mechanical modules in collaboration with a small team of experts in a multi-disciplinary project setting.
Take responsibility for the mechanical design of opto-mechanical systems in strong collaboration with other teams working on the scanner system and external suppliers in a multidisciplinary environment;
- setup of planning and prioritization within the project scope;
- Contribute to the specification, concept development and qualification of designs;
- Responsible for the full portfolio of technical product documentation;
- Able to manage and coach a small team of dedicated engineers.
Masters in mechanical precision engineering or equivalent. Education in optical designs is a pre.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience is mandatory.
- Experience in a design role in a complex technical environment and knowledge of the V-model;
- Dedicated knowledge of precision engineering, opto-mechanics, static, dynamic and thermal load cases, constraint design and high precision alignment;
- Experienced CAD user (preferably NX), and familiar with PLM systems;
- Thorough knowledge of the ASML D&E MDEV Way-of-Working is a pre.
- Design keywords are: high mechanical and thermal stability (6DOF), defectivity, cost effective, FEM, manufacturable and service friendly.
- Ability to keep a technical overview, set priorities and realize design targets;
- Is able to give direction irrespective of technical certainties within own level of competence, capable of “out-of-the-box” thinking;
- Well-developed analytical skills and a pragmatic attitude;
- Breakdown of complex problems, takes initiatives and responsibility for decisions;
- Highly motivated, proactive and responsible team player and coach;
- Excellent social, coordination and communication skills in an international, multicultural setting.
Context of the position
The holder of the position reports to the group leader Sensors Mechanics (30 FTE) within the department of Wafer Tables, Clamps and Sensors of the Mechanical Development cluster (D&E).
This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.