6 days ago - req24068
Senior Accounting and External Reporting Expert
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories
Are you keen to take up a new challenge as business partner in a global company? We are looking for a strong, agile person to join our finance department.
As part of the Accounting and External Reporting Expert Advisory Team, it is our mission to be a trusted advisor that supports quality decision-making, drives risk mitigation and think in solutions.
At ASML we constantly have to ensure that our ambitious business objectives are met in compliance with laws and regulations. As a business partner you will work with senior stakeholders (up to the Board of Management) inside and outside the Finance department, playing a key role in:
- Providing advice for quality decision making using in-depth expertise to stakeholders, supporting art-of-the-possible
- Ensuring compliance with external reporting requirements, including both our US GAAP and IFRS Annual Reports
- Accountable for setting policies and provide best practices to ensure effective, efficient and compliant execution of operational activities
You will be part of the Accounting Expert Advisory team, which is responsible for:
- Advising senior management with the correct and consistent interpretation and implementation of US GAAP/IFRS standards;
- Determining the accounting impact of significant sales and procurement deals by being part of the different account teams;
- Acting as part of the project team in case of acquisition or other significant strategic projects;
- Taking ownership of Integrated Reporting of ASML Holding NV (US GAAP and IFRS), as well interim IFRS reporting;
- Reviewing quarterly consolidated financial statements and earnings releases (US GAAP);
- Accounting policies through the accounting manual and position papers;
- Setting our Sarbanes-Oxley scoping and control framework;
- Providing a 2nd level of oversight over accounting compliance;
- Providing trainings throughout the organization;
- Communications with Audit Committee, Disclosure Committee and Internal Control Committee;
- Assisting with the external auditor regarding technical accounting related topics;
- Encouraging continuous improvement and embedding compliant accounting in ASML’s processes.
To qualify for this challenging position you need a Master degree with completed RA (or equivalent).
- 12+ years of experience, including with one of the big 4 audit firms (incl. managerial experience) is required;
- Strong relevant experience with technical accounting and external reporting;
- Extensive knowledge and experience with US GAAP and IFRS is required;
- Knowledge of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and the requirements as result thereof is an advantage
- Experience / Knowledge of continuous monitoring, data analytics is an advantage.
Informal personality, strong communication skills and hands-on attitude.
Context of the position
The ASML Finance department operates in a dynamic environment where learning, commitment, business partnering, flexibility and continuous improvement are top of mind. The Finance department is responsible for driving cost effective transactional, fiscal and financial processes on a global scale, supporting business decisions, financial planning, action management, risk mitigation and maintaining appropriate corporate governance practices.
As ASML is a fast-closing, listed company in both the US (NASDAQ) as well as in the Netherlands (AEX), compliance with SOX, US GAAP and IFRS and efficient and compliant processes is crucial. This makes this position challenging, complex and very important within the Finance department.
This is a full-time role which will require being in Veldhoven at least a couple days a week, though flexibility through remote working part of the week is possible.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
Interested in this position? Please apply with cv and cover letter detailing your motivation to take up this role.