6 days ago - req24080
Senior Manager, Business Planning
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Other job categories
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
- The Wilton Factory (WF) Business Planning leader owns and manages the WF business plan from strategic to operational level. The role oversees WF master planning, production planning and business engineering.
- The Business Planning leader works closely together with the planning departments (IBP/SCM) at the ASML headquarters in the Netherlands. In Wilton, the Business Planning department is an objective entity, supporting and challenging the department managers (Assembly/Optics/Engineering/Logistics) and closely working together with the Finance department.
- This is a senior leadership role in WF and leads a team of 40-50 employees.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
As part of the Wilton Factory senior leadership team, the Business Planning Senior Manager is responsible for the following areas.
- Wilton Factory focal point for S&OP cycles with all business lines.
- Orchestrate the WF baseline capability plans including rigorous change control.
- Identify and manage plan constraints such as facilities, cycle-time, tools, FTE.
- Gather and consolidate department inputs to maintain and communicate a feasible plan.
- Prepare and present scenarios for executive decision making and approval.
- Liaison with Facilities for space requirements over time (sqm/utilities).
- Own the Wilton Factory Assembly and Optical Fabrication build plans.
- Manage work center planning, proactively identify and solve bottlenecks for future starts.
- Maintain demand integrity in MRP (# systems, starts - outputs).
- Set priorities for order and material releases and dispositioning.
- Liaison with the Factory Logistics team (Material Planning, Supplier management and Cleanroom logistics) for timely availability of complete kits at point of use.
- Drive transparency and improvement on cost and capability through data analytics.
- Production norms and labor hour studies.
- Cycle time analysis and blueprints.
- Resource capacity modeling (CRP).
- Sparring partner for department managers to monitor key metrics and identify efficiencies and improvement opportunities.
- Liaison with Finance for budgeting cycles, norm reviews and long term capacity planning.
- Set and monitor inventory levels.
- Drive inventory reduction program with X-sector team.
- Represent WF in inventory Steerco.
Masters Degree required.Supply Chain Management or Business Administration disciplines preferred.
- 10 year experience in international business with knowledge of planning and S&OP processes
- Preferably a senior operational leader and/or program manager.
- Experience with decision making processes at senior stakeholder level in complex organizations.
- Expertise in operations processes in a manufacturing environment.
- Drive for transparency supported by analytical skills; modeling, data analysis, scenario play.
- Excellent communication and network building skills on all business levels.
- Respectfully challenges the status quo while supporting the department managers.
- Capable to bridge high level strategy to operational execution.
- Sense for politics, stakeholder management.
- Capable to initiate and lead process improvements.
- Sound judgment and decision making skills.
- Excellent people leadership skills and ability to engage, develop and motivate people.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability