Click 'Deny cookies' to personalize your cookie settings, or click 'Accept' to allow all our cookies. You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - req24077
Senior Manager - Field Marketing and Strategy
Sales & marketing
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Chandler - AZ, US
Sales & marketing
Other technical job categories
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
Ensure long term ASML business success through understanding of market and technology changes and ensuring current and future ASML products and strategy are aligned to meet Customer requirements.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
In this position you will be driving influence across broader business processes.
Your sphere of influence includes among others:
- Product positioning & value recognition at customers within specific region/account focus.
- Roadmap alignment with Customers on existing and future products & patterning processes.
- Corporate strategy and marketing.
- Support aligning long-term customer roadmaps and node requirements (nodes N+2 and beyond) with ASML solutions (target systems and configurations) addressing both technical and cost performance. [BS1]
- Align Customer capacity scenarios to end market demand [BS2]and align market opportunity for new and installed systems extending the horizon beyond account team’s visibility.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of customer business objectives and targets and translate this into negotiation targets for ASML.
- Identify, investigate and strategize the impact of market and technology developments on ASML’s future business and opportunities. Ensure embedding in ASML’s corporate strategy.
- Lead and participate in deep dive topics for ASML corporate strategy. Synthesize external trends with internal capabilities and ambitions to lead to key strategy decisions.
- Develop and align competition analysis and competitive positioning strategy.
- Develop and align Customer specific value and ROI analysis.
- Drive voice of Customer in ASML long-term strategy process.
- Works closely together with account teams, business lines, and corporate strategy.
- Track US geopolitical trends and impact to the semiconductor industry.
MSc or PhD in Engineering or Physical Science or equivalent experience.
- MBA desirable.
- Extensive industry experience (semiconductor processing).
- Recognized industry professional with broad understanding.
- Experience of Lithography systems and customer application strongly preferred.
- Marketing or commercial experience an advantage.
- Deep analytical skills.
- Excellent communicator.
- Ability to manage stakeholders.
- Ability to build bridges across disciplines, both on an executive level, and on an expert technical level.
Achieve great results:
- Remains persistent and follows up on issues until problems are solved, even beyond own area of responsibility in order to meet customer needs.
- Defines efficient structures and processes, simplifies work methods or operations to improve performance and deliver results in order to reach agreed goals.
- Monitors progress and measures results and overcomes barriers by reacting to changing environmental factors at an early stage; escalates if targets cannot be met.
- Excellent commercial/customer skills.
Shape the future:
- Has an open mind for new developments and trends also related to areas beyond own expertise and deduces recommendations for improvements; support continuous improvement initiatives.
- Thinks beyond own organization in order to leverage new insights; takes on a holistic perspective on issues and considers customers in doing so.
Motivate others and cooperate:
- Communicates clearly, concisely and directly to peers and customers as well as managers, listens actively, shows empathy in dealing with others and strives to achieve a shared understanding of own and others' tasks, issues and goals.
- Develops and nurtures effective working relationships at different organizational levels both within ASML and externally.
- Detects (potential) conflicts, addresses them openly and facilitates solutions in order to achieve alignment.
- Respected internally/externally for customer/product and industry knowledge.
Leverage own strength:
- Stays focused in highly demanding circumstances and maintains personal effectiveness despite barriers, set-backs or in situations of high uncertainty; proactively adapts plans and behaviors to remain flexible and open to change.
- Involves self in issues; is proactive and takes initiative even beyond own area of expertise.
- Is able to inspire changes in thinking in a dynamic multi-cultural, cross functional environment.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability