7 days ago - req24079
Senior Manager, Operational Excellence
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Other job categories
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
- The Operations Excellence leader position drives strategic transformation and continuous improvement within the Wilton Factory (WF) building upon standards and best known methods within ASML. This involves the definition and deployment of the WF multi-year vision and strategy (Hoshin Kanri) and managing the Project Portfolio of breakthrough initiatives to reach these strategic objectives.
- The mission of this role is also to drive a culture of continuous improvement and to support the organization with the maturity and standardization of processes (Quality/Business Processes).
- The role oversees corporate quality programs, Lean initiatives, the strategic project portfolio (breakthrough initiatives) and the business adoption team.
- This is a senior leadership role in WF and leads a team of ~40-50 employees (managers and individual contributors).
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
As part of the Wilton Factory senior leadership team, this person leads the change management activities that establish a culture of continuous improvement.
The Operations Excellence leader is responsible for the following areas:
Lean strategy and deployment:
- Lead and facilitate the Hoshin Kanri strategy alignment sessions and WF vision 2025.
- Together with the WF Lean deployment lead, develop and drive the LEAN roadmap.
- Support the WF Lean deployment lead to establish a culture of supportive leadership.
- Maturity assessment and embedding of Lean programs and practices to achieve sustainable business impact.
Quality programs and initiatives:
- Act as a ‘voice of the customer’ for Quality.
- Development and execution of quality initiatives within WF, such as SPC and pFMEA.
- Support Quality audits and certification.
Business process adoption and sustaining:
- Implementation and business adoption of new processes. Embedding new ways of working throughout Wilton Factory.
- Align to ONE (Our New Enterprise) global initiatives.
- Support Operations with Means & Methods and process documentation.
- Deliver training programs including people development tools and new hire on-boarding.
- Facilitate the feedback loop and lessons learned.
- Define and manage the WF breakthrough project portfolio.
- Support the rest of the organization with Project Mgt tools and problem solving methodology.
Master’s Degree required.
- Min 10 year experience in international business, operational excellence, transformation, LEAN.
- Seasoned senior operational leader, program manager.
- Proven change management skills.
- Preferably familiar with LEAN concepts and programs.
- Experience with decision making processes at senior stakeholder level in complex organizations.
- Expertise in operations processes in a Technology/Manufacturing environment.
- Respectfully challenge the status quo and act as a role model for Lean thinking.
- Act as catalyst in changing leadership behavior; act as an recognized sparring partner for leaders and lean deployment leads.
- Senior leadership skills to influence stakeholders both within Wilton Factory and across other ASML business functions.
- Drive to lead change management activities that establishes a culture of continuous improvement.
- Ability to provide persuasive communications to all levels of the organization.
- Excellent people leadership skills and ability to engage, develop and motivate people.Use of leadership skills such and role modeling and coaching are important in this role.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability