7 days ago - req24046
Senior Manager, Optical Engineering
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Other job categories
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
Establish a strong optical engineering organization that is focused on continuous improvement and driving end to end operational efficiencies within the Wilton Factory optics sector (volume) and close partnership with Development & Engineering (D&E) on optics new product introduction (NPI).
The Wilton Factory Optical Engineering Senior Manager will be focused on the key initiatives below:
- All optical fabrication production engineering requirements.
- Creating requirements for Design Engineering that pertain to new optical fabrication concepts.
- New product introduction (NPI) - develop product and processes and transition to production.
- Drives the Wilton Factory Optics Industrialization Planning for optical manufacturing competencies, in line with the Technology Roadmap for ASML products.
In addition, this role will be responsible for determining manufacturability of new products and manage product escalations, review and solution quality issues and oversee long-term product roadmaps/equipment requirements.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
As part of the Wilton Factory engineering leadership team, the incumbent will be focused on the areas below for volume and NPI program execution.
- Manage group that provides sustaining engineering support for the Optical Fabrication group.
- Manage group that develops processes that support the introduction of new products for the Optical Fabrication Group.
- Partner with D&E to determine the manufacturability of new and existing designed optical components.
- Develop labor hour roadmap for optics produced in Wilton. Ensure that process development and new capital is introduced to achieve the targets in roadmap.
- Develop cycle time roadmap for optics produced in Wilton.
- Operating expense – manage department budget to control and predict overhead spending.
- Capital expense – manage budget for procurement of new optical fabrication equipment and tooling.Insure cost effectiveness, quality and timely introduction to the fabrication process.
- Lead all aspects of People management including engagement, motivations and development of engineering team.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent sciences is required.Master’s degree in Engineering/Optics discipline a plus.
- Possess 10 – 15+ years of optical engineering experience.
- Leadership in various business roles in manufacturing, engineering and/or other functions related to the planning and execution of production output.
- Leadership skills to influence manufacturing and engineering both within Wilton Factory and across other ASML business functions.
- Improve transparency on performance, communicates impact messages in groups and on department level. Facilitates the feedback loop and lessons learned in the various departmental groups and competences.
- Develop and lead change management activities that establishes a culture of continuous improvement.
- Act as challenger and catalyst in changing leadership behavior.
- Respectfully challenge the status quo and act as a role model for Lean thinking.
- Ability to provide clear and concise presentation and persuasive communications to all levels of the organization.
- Focus on continuous improvement and use of LEAN concepts in the execution of work functions.
- Excellent people leadership skills and ability to engage, develop and motivate people.Use of leadership skills such and role modeling and coaching are important in this role.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability