30+ days ago - req24194
Optical Performance Architect EUV Projection
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
ASML is relentlessly driving the semiconductor industry’s ongoing quest for producing faster, smarter andmore energy efficient chips. We are a young, dynamic, international and highly skilled workforce creating,with strong support of our suppliers, the lithographic tools the industry needs to achieve its goals.
Are you looking for a challenge to ensure the optical performance of a state-of-the-art optical module? Thenyou will enjoy this position in the EUV optical column projection team. You will be part of the EUV projectiongroup responsible to transfer and de-magnify the reticle image onto the wafer in the EUV scanners bymeans of advanced optical manipulations and corrections.
As optical performance architect in the EUV Projection group you will be responsible for the technicalaspects of the team responsible for the optical performance of the projection modules in the EUV scanners. You will work in a fast paced and multi-disciplinary environment as part of a team in an Agile Release Train.Your responsibility is to take ownership of the technical scope of the optical performance team and drive thedeliverables towards completion. This includes documentation, specification, qualification & integration aswell as supporting and setting direction in issue handling and supporting customer specific requests. In orderto fulfill this role, you need to align with the multi-disciplinary teams in the project as well as collaborate withdifferent competences and sectors (systems engineering, marketing and customer support) within ASML.Using your technical knowledge, analytical thinking and people skills, you will work closely together with theteam and interfacing projects and sectors.
You will lead a multi-disciplinary project team on technical aspects to secure the optical performance. Thejob consists of:
- Define the scope, architecture and functional requirements of the optical performance in theprojection modules based on the high level system and module requirements.
- Technically lead the optical performance team in the product development, define the functional architecture, create optical budgets and set direction for the various solutions in the EUV projection modules.
- Translating the performance requirements into technical designs including lens models, opticalcalibrations and qualifications.
- Aligning the requirements and specifications with various sectors such as system engineering, program management, factory and customer support.
- Build a relationship and closely work together with our main development partners and suppliers.
- Contribute to troubleshoot and solving issues, escalations and customer specific requests. This involves analyzing data, connecting the results to physical phenomena such as lens heating, mirrorvibrations, etc., and steer towards the proper solution directions.
MSc or PhD in engineering or physics with knowledge of optical systems.
- Experience with development of complex optical modules in a multi-disciplinary environment is needed.
- Experience with thermal conditioning, optics lifetime and mathematical optimization techniques is preferred.
- Ability to translate performance specifications into technical solutions for an optical module.
- Affinity with working a multidisciplinary environment related to complex systems.
- Affinity with metrology, mechatronic, mechanical, electronic and software disciplines.
- Ability to think on a functional level and in design details.
- Excellent communicational skills.
- Ability to switch between complex matters and high-level conclusions, ability to convey these in an understandable fashion.
- Team player with ability to build network towards other parts of the ASML organization and towards suppliers.
- Self-propelling, showing initiative and drive, pragmatic attitude.
- Flexible, result driven and committed.
- Strong analytical skills and drive for quality.
Context of the position
Within ASML, the Sector Development and Engineering (D&E) is responsible for the planning, development, and delivery of integrated solutions that meet business requirements. This responsibility also includes the specification of trade-offs across sectors.
The department DE EUV Optical Column is responsible for delivery of the projection, illumination, dose control, and EUV light collection functions for the EUV machines. The department develops technical solutions, means and methods and competences to ensure these deliveries in all the different product phases.
The holder of this position is reporting to the ED EUV DE OC Projection Group Leader