30+ days ago - req24198
Senior Electrical Design Engineer
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Are you challenged by the engineering of electronics, connectivity and layout solutions in high-tech products? And do you have excellent communication skills, combined with a high level of discipline and design experience? We might be looking for you!
As an Electronics Designer you are defining, realizing, qualifying, managing and maintaining various electronic concepts and products for both existing and new ASML products. Furthermore you contribute on defining the next generation of these products in close cooperation with the electronics architect.
The concepts and products we mainly focus on are cables, racks, cabinets, PCBA and visualizing this into schematics.
The Electronics designer is responsible for the following:
- Design, document and maintain analog and/or digital board designs, electrical modules and infrastructure.
- Act as the Electronic Development representative, interacting intensively in a multidisciplinary design team.
- Act as a technical leader and be able to manage the outsourcing of development activities at co-developers.
- Perform trade-off studies to determine the preferred implementation scenario for new or changed functions. Get agreement with stakeholders.
- Make work breakdown and effort estimation for the various designs, adjusted with other stakeholders.
- Guarantee design quality and compliance by knowledge, experience and usage of reviewing and risk reducing tools.
- Contribute to the roadmap concerning the electronics within the ASML products.
- Transfer knowledge to production- and service-engineers.
- Contribute to analysis and solution of reliability issues.
- Contribute to planning efforts for the various electronics products.
- Act as a technical coach for other team members.
- Bachelor degree or higher in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience in the design of Electrical & electronic modules, design of cables, racks, cabinets, PCBA.
- Broad technical knowledge of electronics with basic knowledge of physics, mechanics, mechatronics and software.
- Experience with working in multidisciplinary design teams to establish agreement on specifications.
- Experience with ASML standards and Ways of Workings is highly appreciated, either as a former ASML employee or contractor.
- Technical knowledge of Programmable Logic Controllers, analog and digital design is a plus.
- Experience with electromechanical designs is a plus.
- Familiar with SAFe - Agile wow is a plus.
- Highly motivated, pro-active and good communication skills.
- Quality focus, structured with eye for details.
- Strong pragmatic attitude with an analytical view.
- Able to work both independently as in a team in a dynamic exploitative environment.
- Fluent English in word and in writing.
Context of the position
The sector Development & Engineering (D&E) of ASML is responsible for the specification, design and realization of the products in the ASML portfolio. Within the sector D&E the cluster Electronic Development (EDEV) is responsible for the definition, realization, qualification and integration of electronic functions and modules within these products.
Within EDEV EUV the group Laser Light Generation & positioning (LLGP) is responsible for the definition, realization, qualification and integration of electronic functions needed for the drive laser, beam transport system and focus unit.
The Electronics design Engineer reports to the EDEV EUV LLGP Group Manager or delegated Team Leader.
Please submit your resume and cover letter when applying for this position.
*This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.