4 days ago - req24158
Supplier Packaging Analyst - Guaranteed sign on bonus and relocation
Logistics & supply chain management
Logistics & supply chain management
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Logistics & supply chain management
Logistics & supply chain management
Join ASML Wilton today to receive your sign on bonus and relocation.
*Offer valid for Wilton, CT new hire offers made between now and December 15, 2021.
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
As a Supplier Packaging Analyst, your role will be dedicated to the planning, ordering, securing, and controlling of all packaging and transports for Wilton Factory’s Supplier Returnable Transport Materials (SRTMs). Your role will be the point of contact to work with internal Sourcing and Supply Chain organization to evaluate and adjust the materials needed to facilitate that material delivery between ASML and the Wilton supplier base is possible at the manufacturing move rates necessary for each module. You will be working with all product lines across the Wilton factory, inclusive of New product integration (NPI) materials as well as high volume materials.
This role will have a strong focus on setting up and maintaining the tracking, forecasting, ordering, and aftercare processes for these transport materials for the Wilton factory supply base. This will require working with cross functional groups within the Wilton Factory such as supply chain logistics and finance to ensure these materials are properly managed in a structured and transparent manner, as well as ordered in accordance with all internal policies and processes.
The function will have a strong interaction with the Sourcing & Supply chain teams, which are the core teams whose charter includes setting up capability levels with each supplier and ensuring all details are communicated and expectations clear. Expectation is that this role will interact as complementary to this team on a regular basis to ensure consistency between initiatives to create capacity at supplier for ASML needs and the transport material planning/ordering/maintenance. This role will be an integral support for the overall Logistics Supplier Management team, providing detail support and expertise in SAP process flows as related to maintaining packaging. This role will interact heavily with the 3rd Party logistics providers who handle coordination of packaging. Will also interact regularly with other stakeholders of Wilton’s value stream, inclusive of factory logistics, shared services, manufacturing, and finance.
This job will give you the opportunity to learn how ASML supplier support is managed. You will work within the Material Planning organization for Wilton factory Logistics, working alongside other material buyers and packaging analyst to add support for supplier related activities.
The sector Wilton Factory (WF) is responsible for the production of module systems that support the final assembly Veldhoven factories as well as for the customer support sites. Wilton Factory supports modules within the DUV, EUV, and APPS business line product portfolio.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Key Areas of responsibility:
1) Supplier Packaging forecasting
- Collaborate with LSM, D&E, and sourcing teams to understand needs for packaging of volume and NPI transport materials:
- Prepare pool size calculators to understand requirements and forecast timing needed.
- Coordinate cycle times of send and return cycles to properly balance quantities needed to ensure pool meets needs but remains budget responsible.
- Solicit Sourcing to gain quotes for all packaging items to understand cost expectations.
- Alignment with engineering on frequent basis to ensure coordination of activities and settings in SAP to procure initial materials and ensure bill of materials are set up.
- Collaborate with third party logistics provider to ensure needs are clearly stated and proper alignments are in place to set expectations for all stakeholders in process.
- Includes maintenance/repair of packaging to ensure technical product description specifications are maintained regularly.
2) Supplier Packaging budgeting, Ordering and Processing
- Based on forecasting information is determined via collaboration with respective teams, it is responsibility of supplier packaging analyst to follow internal processes to properly budget these items in our yearly Target annual plan (TAP) and
- ensure all items are procured.
Ensure all items are submitted to finance as part of annual plan – discuss rationale and support with calculations to gain agreement/approval.
- Includes submittal of all budget line items in financial planning systems, proper execution of processes to be able to input orders to external parties, and then settlement of those items to respective line items.
- Separate items between Capital Expense and Operational expense items for proper budgeting and ordering, and track on reoccurring basis for latest estimates and changes to spend timing.
- Be a part of the Decision gate process to follow potential need changes for packaging increases due to volume changes or new product introduction.
- Become credible source for all information regarding packaging needs/budget estimates to provide this information as a part of all budget submittals outside TAP.
- Proactively align with WF and NL teams on explanations of out of budget requests, and re-align expectations and budgets to accommodate all changes with relevant stakeholders.
3) Day to day packaging support
- Support Material Planning manager and Logistics Support Manager by attending regular update reviews and proactively communicating status and advise on plans to secure needed materials.
- Track purchase orders & receipts and once received, initiate with requestors to execute tasks for delivery of materials to Factory.
- Inclusive of issuance of all transactions in SAP necessary to properly process across the value stream.
- Collaborate with Sourcing to add items to Goods on Loan List and consign to supplier to manage.
Work consists of:
- Preparing and delivering weekly and monthly management reports and pool size calculators.
- Collaboration with multiple workstreams to continuously track & maintain packaging to supplier material delivery.
- Analyze data and draw conclusions, advise management of progress of actions to improve performance, inclusive of daily updates in tier team reviews on needed items.
- Continuously improve the quality of reports through collaboration with SCM/material planning managers.
- Create & transform detailed information into reportable and presentable summaries for SCM and non-SCM management.
- Working with SAP, Business Intelligence Solution, & Spotfire tools to develop data into actionable information.
High School required.Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Supply chain is preferred, or equivalent experience.
- 2-5 years of relevant experience in material ordering across a complex supply chain within an operationally oriented organization. Experience with supply chain packaging activities a plus.
- Experience in international corporations, working with cross-sector organizations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
- Proficient with SAP - experience with BI systems is a plus (i.e. Business Objects).
- Preferred knowledge and proficiency of Spotfire analysis/reporting tools utilized across ASML.
- Highly self-motivated team player with excellent social, coordination and communication (verbal as well as written) skills.
- Willing to take ownership, and willing to take up the initiator role (‘Lead by example’ attitude).
- Pragmatic, result-oriented and hands on attitude.
- Ability to influence without power and concisely align with management and their teams to set expectations.
- Able to convince, inspire and motivate people, over different levels within the organization.
- Adequate presentation skills are essential.
- Ability to convert complex (often data driven) matter to clear overviews and insights.
- Strong analytics mindset preferred, with an ability to set up processes and structures.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability