13 days ago - req24166
Technical Graduate Program – Prototype Engineering
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Research & development
Mechanical engineering, Mechatronics, Other technical job categories
IntroductionAre you looking for your first job after your graduation? Do you have a broad technical interest and you enjoy hands-on engineering work? Join our Technical Graduate Program – Prototype Engineering. As a prototype engineer you test and validate our newest machines before they will be manufactured. A role where you work in shifts which gives you a high level of flexibility.
By joining our Technical Graduate Program – Prototype Engineering, you will start in a full time paid job and you will receive the ideal combination of ‘doing’ and ‘learning’ that will build the fundamentals needed for a technical career at ASML.
Job MissionASML leads the worldwide development, production and sales of high-end lithography systems for the semiconductor industry. In short, we make the machines that make computer chips, or integrated circuits. We build some of the most amazing, complex machines that you will ever see – and the software to run them – to develop smaller, faster and still more affordable chips. It is because of our machines that the world’s technology has steadily evolved.
With our Technical Graduate Program – Prototype Engineering, you get the opportunity to join our Development & Engineering department and bring your best ideas to a global collaboration. As prototype engineer you join our System Integration department. This department is responsible to manage risk during the integration phase of our products. Proto systems are used to verify the design concept at system level, which includes hardware and software.
Because of the high demand for our machines we are looking for a group of recent graduates with a broad technical background and interest to start as Prototype Engineers.
As a Prototype Engineer you are responsible for the execution of the daily plan created by the Proto Planner to support Development & Engineering projects with their tests to validate the design. You drive early risk reduction and design verification through early involvement and continuous feedback in order to minimize design iterations.
You are responsible for:
- Ensuring efficient and effective integration activities on the machines, by
- Execute test plans on the machine in a most efficient way;
- Escalate in case problems cannot be solved by yourself;
- Provide technical support to D&E engineers;
- Review and prepare test plans.
- Determining whether issues are related to new design or proto system and solve and report the issues.
- Keeping the assigned machines in perfect state, i.e., hard and software, configuration up to date and well-functioning.
- Ensuring safe working environment and work according 5S principles.
- Technical Bachelor (HBO, BSc/BEng) or Master (MSc) degree.
- Preferred fields of study: Physics, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Aerospace Engineering, Chemical Engineering.
- You completed your education less than 12 months ago or you will graduate within October 2021.
- Maximum of 12 months of relevant working experience.
- Basic knowledge of measurement systems and/or testing system functionality.
We are looking for people with a strong personality and who will bring enthusiasm and flexibility into his or her job and on a daily basis is:
- Broad technically interested (not an expert role)
- Capable to communicate on all levels.
- Proactive attitude.
- Able to prioritize and a high degree of autonomy.
- The power to defend your own opinion.
- Willingness to invest in personal development.
- Fluent in English, both speaking and writing
Context of the position
In this role you will work in five shifts. This work schedule consist in 6 days of work (alternating morning, evening and night) and 4 days off.
2 days Morning shift: 06:00 - 14:30
2 days Evening shift: 14:00 - 22:30
2 days Night shift: 22:00 - 06:30
4 days off
Occasional travel will be a possibility (if desired).
- A contract of one year at ASML, with the possibility of an indefinite contract after the first year
- A highly competitive compensation and benefits package:
- Competitive salary
- 30% shift allowance on top of your base salary
- 27 days paid leave
- 13th month payment
- 8% holiday allowance
- Pension plan
- Training sessions to develop yourself professionally
- A safe environment to experiment with what you’ve learned
- A close network of other recent graduates and colleagues
The opportunity to work alongside some of the world’s smartest engineers.
Apply with your resume and motivation letter before Wednesday May 5, 2021, at 23:59 CEST.
We will inform you if your resume has been selected for the first round of the selection process within one week from the application deadline.
Pre-recorded Video Interview:
The first round consists of an online pre-recorded interview. The candidates matching our selection criteria will be invited to answer to few pre-set questions via HireVue. If you would like some tips on how to prepare check out this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKwQ6XgW-a8&t=37s.
If you pass the first round, you will be invited to our selection day. Due to COVID-19 restrictions the selection day will be fully virtual. The selection day will take place on Friday June 11, 2021 (full day).
During this day, your competencies will be assessed via different activities (such as interviews or a business game).
You will be informed within a few working days after the selection day if you will receive a job offer. The starting date is flexible, but preferably no later than October 2021.
If you have any questions, send an email to [email protected]
What is working at ASML like? Find out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXpAMguP-vQ