4 days ago - req24282
Business Planner - Customer Support
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories
To ASML’s clients, ASML Customer Support is the face of ASML. ASML Customer Support consists of approximately 5,500 employees worldwide and is responsible for the full support of ASML’s clients, ranging from the installation of the machines to their maintenance. In addition, ASML Customer Support draws up the budgets for all of ASML’s international customer support activities. You will play a crucial part in this process!
You will draw up the right budgets, based on the resources required for the support activities carried out for and at ASML’s clients. In so doing, you will take into account costs, quality and efficiency. In addition, you will engage in data-driven optimisation of the planning process: how can ASML plan its enormously complex customer support organisation even more efficiently? Among other things, you will look at the process of collecting information about the operations of ASML’s CS employees in order to gain a good understanding of what actually happens on the shop floor. Furthermore, occasionally you will carry out studies at our clients’ premises or roll out new solutions for ASML staff working in the field.
In order to convince ASML that your suggestions for improvement are worthwhile, you will have to present fact-based arguments. An tremendous amount of data is generated in the CS organization, and that we communicate effectively and directly about this data. Therefore, it is vital that you feel comfortable in a data-driven environment!
Business Engineering supports the core processes of CS Business Planning through timely norm setting and driving continuous improvement. The core responsibility of the CS business engineer is setting the headcount blueprints, whichis an important input for the planning processes. The blueprint contains the planning norms for labor hours per system, labour hours per engineer, utilization and additional business rules. In combination with an organizational structure, this results in a headcount overview for a customer support site/office.
Through alignment with various internal stakeholders (Blueprint owner, CS management, Finance, Service engineering, Cost program, Field, etc.) you will ensure agreement and transparency with respect to the planning inputs. This is important input to for ASML management to make business decisions and to steer CS’s strategy.
Since you work with stakeholders from various departments, you will get an overview of the complete CS scope (e.g. Install, Upgrades and Maintenance). This enables you to get a broad understanding of the organization and its dynamics and our customers.
- Ensure that the requirements of various stakeholders are embedded in the blueprints and headcount planning
- Maintaining blueprints, incl. norms for labor hours, utilization and business logic
- Analyze and provide insights with respect to actual labor hours spent, in order to support business decisions
- Drive continuous improvement to increase data quality and efficiency in the organization/processes
- Ensure that norms and planning models reflect reality of the ASML sites globally
Master's degree in an Industrial Engineering or Business Administration
- Around 5 years of work experience in an international technical business-to-business environment;
- Performed a similar role as this one for at least 2 years;
- Work experience in a large and global corporate company;
- Experience in a (service) business environment;
- Communicative and able to interact with stakeholders on various levels and cultures
- Able to deal with uncertainty and complexities in the organization
- Flexible and pragmatic mindset
- Analytically strong
- Willingness to travel occasionally
Context of the position
With over 3000 employees worldwide, ASML Customer Support (CS) is the driving force to deliver world-class operations to its customers. Next to the maintenance of the customers’ installed base, CS is responsible for the execution of projects like new installations, upgrades and relocations of systems. And CS is also the key player in supporting customers with New Product Introductions (NPI) into their production processes.
Please include CV and motivation letter when applying for this role.