30+ days ago - req24202
Field Service Engineer- Based in Leixlip
In a nutshell
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. The company designs, develops, integrate, markets and services these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics.
Cymer is an independently operated business within the ASML group that develops, manufactures and services deep-ultraviolet (DUV) light sources. The product portfolio includes excimer lasers using argon fluoride (ArF) or krypton fluoride (KrF) gases to generate light in the deep-ultraviolet spectrum. These lasers generate the light that photolithography scanners use to image patterns on silicon wafers. The research, development and manufacturing of DUV light sources is centered in San Diego, U.S.A.
The Cymer Field Service Engineer provides onsite field service support through the performance of installations, upgrades, repairs, and maintenance of complex capital laser equipment and systems.The Field Service Engineer troubleshoots either to resolve issues directly or through referring advanced issues to technical support resources.He/she acts as a customer service advocate, instructing customers in the operation and maintenance of the system. Work is to be performed in a 7 x 24 work schedule.
- Analyzes, diagnoses, and troubleshoots Cymer equipment problems via telephone or at customer site.
- Performs installation, repair, retrofits, upgrades and preventive maintenance on Cymer equipment installed at customer sites;
- Regularly provides assistance, guidance, leadership, and technical assistance to junior or less experienced field service engineers; may serve as site leader for customer;
- Maintains and manages an assigned installation equipment base.This includes providing primary support, forecasting, conducting customer support meetings, and ensuring regular communication with the customer.
- Assists customers in the receipt, installation, and testing of company equipment;
- Conducts equipment troubleshooting, analysis, and debugging in support of installation or operating activities;
- Provides service education to customer’s service and operations staff;
- Ensures that parts are available and as specified for service requirements;
- Maintains appropriate tools are on hand and as required;
- Travels as required for the purposes of performing service activities at customer sites or backfilling for other Cymer Field Service Engineers;
- Completes service, expense reports, and other administrative responsibilities in accordance with Cymer’s procedures and with supervisor’s approval;
- Uses company technical documentation and provides feedback for improvement;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree with a technical emphasis (Electronics,Optics, Mechatronics, Physics).
- Strong competence with the various tools, procedures, programming languages used to accomplish the job;
- Minimum of two years’ experience is preferred, of which a minimum of one years’ experience in optics, laser, and/or semiconductor manufacturing equipment;
- Laser and vacuum experience preferred;
- Advanced level of technical knowledge of electronics;
- Has performed multiple on-site installations and performed as lead on a Beta product release;
- Requires experience using the following software packages: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, LabView, Internet Protocol, and Computer Networking.
- Excellent (English) written and verbal communications skills;
- Ability to analyze data and report problems, to complete accurate, comprehensive service reports, and to communicate technical issues to other technical staff;
- Ability to collect, translate, and analyze data and take action based on effectively report problems though written and/or graphical representation of data (detailed Post-Mortem Chronological Abstracts, trending analysis, failure statistics, etc.);
- Excellent customer service skills, with a solid foundation in and an understanding of the importance of relationship building;
- Ability to facilitate resolution of technical challenges;
- Ability to apply knowledge of installation, maintenance/repair, and troubleshooting at both the module and system level, while seeking expertise of more senior field service engineers where required;
- Ability to read and analyze opto-mechanical and electronic schematics.
Context of the position
Expect a dynamic and enthusiastic working environment, where flexibility, drive and initiatives are highly valued. Work is performed in a 7 x 24 work schedule. The Field Service Engineer reports to the Manager, Field Service, Ireland. The primary work location is in Leixlip.
Fulltime position primarily based at the customer site in Leixlip, Ireland. We highly encourage you to add a personal motivation letter to your application.