27 days ago - req24268
Sr Product Engineer - Machine Learning
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
San Jose - CA, US
Research & development
Data science, Computer science & software engineering, Physics
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
We are looking for a highly motivated, hands-on technical individual to join the Machine Learning team for our state of the art Optical Proximity Correction (Tachyon OPC+) product. This position will be in our OPC PEG (Product Engineering Group) organization.
The machine learning team harnesses the power of deep-learning models to enhance the performance of our OPC solutions.The team is part of the Product Engineering group, whose responsibilities include product requirements definition, customer benchmarks / new engagements, training (internal and external), release testing, and product expertise to support both planning and customer escalation. The group functions as a vital link between R&D and customers, actively engaging with R&D, Marketing, Field, Sales, and QA.
As a member of the Machine Learning team, you will:
- Investigate new Machine Learning methods to push the envelope in OPC performance, including evaluation of novel deep-learning schemas and alternative machine learning methodologies.
- Work with the pattern technology team to improve model accuracy through optimization of strategies for training data selection.
- Work with R&D to embed Machine Learning methods within the OPC flow and to address implementation challenges.
- Work with field teams and customers to ensure that Machine Learning solutions deliver high customer value by translating feedback and requests into new product features and improvements.
- Work with the marketing team to predict, prepare for, and leverage emerging technology trends.
- Define, test, and qualify new features in each release, providing functional requirements, proof data, documentation, and training materials.
- Support customers as a product expert and as a second-line engineer to Field engineers to resolve customer issues.
- Required Master'sin Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematical Engineering, Physics, Imaging Science or arelated field.
- PhD or 2 or more years of Industry experience in Machine Learning
- Significant coursework in Machine Learning, including neural networks, or equivalent experience in a commercial setting.
- Coursework or industry experience in image processing is a plus.
- In-depth research or engineering experience in machine learning, including an advanced understanding of model optimization using Tensorflow, Keras, or similar deep-learning software.
- Hands-on experience in semiconductor technology engineering with an emphasis on OPC (Optical Proximity Correction), RET, advanced Mask technology, or a related field is a plus.
- Intermediate / advanced software programming skills in Python, R, Lua, or C/C++.
- Strong problem solving and innovative thinking skills.
- Ability to spin up quickly and to work both independently and as a member of a high-performance team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Enthusiasm about harnessing the power of Machine Learning to tackle state-of-the-art challenges.
Context of the position
This position primarily works in an office environment. It requires frequent sitting, standing and walking. Daily use of a computer is required. May stand for extended periods when facilitating meetings. The physical demands of the position described herein are essential functions of the job and employees must be able to successfully perform these tasks for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made for those individuals with real or perceived disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job described
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability