23 days ago - req24387
CS Infrastructure Support –Infra Support Engineer EU
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories
Our department covers worldwide functional support (24x7hr) for all off-scanner Applications and Infrastructure. These are used by the Customer Support (CS) workforce while performing their job in serving our Customer needs. Our mission is to facilitate and improve the productivity of the users of the before mentioned applications and infrastructure in order to meet ASML’s obligations. Our vision is to facilitate and improve the availability of the off-scanner applications and infrastructure for our engineers in the field.
We are located in Asia, US and Europe. We work together by means of knowledge bases, key users, a call management system, and work instructions. We maintain close relationships with the key user organizations, internal suppliers and project organizations to drive the sustainability and availability of CS used off-system applications (e.g. Coach, Maintenance Manager) and technical infrastructure (e.g. BRES, EPS), and will offer CS users functional support, process escalations, and will drive issues to closure, freeing the CS engineer to perform the invaluable task of pleasing our customers.
As a Infra Support Engineer EU you are the point of contact for the ASML Customer Support application/infra user community . While continuously expanding your general knowledge and expertise on our total support portfolio, you either resolve issues immediately or you escalate to an expert within our team or to other service providers. In addition, you will also be responsible to execute one or more (more technical) expert roles.
Your main responsibilities are to ensure that support tickets and calls are picked up and handled to the satisfaction of our end-users and within given KPI’s, to update the knowledge bases, participate in user acceptance tests and to administrate calls in our call management system. Working hours need to fit the time window for which the EU team is responsible. To cover our support responsibilities, participation in a ‘standby’ duty schedule might be part of the job and must be taken into account.
Within the scope of our team responsibility, as a generalist you …
- Answer questions of CS engineers (and other users of CS applications)and follow up to ensure that issues have been resolved;
- Administrate call progress in our call management system
- Establish a good working relationship with CS engineers;
- Prioritize, diagnose, solve and/or escalate issues;
- Follow up with CS engineers to ensure that issues have been resolved;
- Interface with other application experts, business application managers and service providers (e.g. IT, development)
- Support the roll-out of new/changed applications, train users and document internal procedures and work instructions;
- Execute functional maintenance tasks;
- Document and update internal procedures and work instructions;
- Participate in the emergency phone system duty schedule;
- Will perform the needed travel for training (giving/receiving), aligning, executing work at local office or customers premises.
Within the scope of our team responsibility, as an expert role, in addition to the above, you …
- Gather CS requirements (that are input for the CS roadmaps and projects);
- Align with CS local offices and local CS management, including making arrangements on beta-testing (e.g. User Acceptance Tests);
- Test and roll-out improvements;
- Participate in projects that develop new and/or affect existing functionality. Your primary responsibility is to provide the knowledge on the CS way of working and the functional support needs such that the project results will seamlessness integrate with the needs of the users. Your input will safeguard our team requirements with respect to serviceability and maintainability of the application/infrastructure.
Position requires a bachelor degree in an engineering field or equivalent experience.
Customer support field experience within ASML or 5+ years of experience working in an application support role in an international setting, preferably in a high tech industry with worldwide coverage. Knowledge of the ASML way of working in general and the CS way of working specifically is of added value to this position.
- Strong communication skills in English (both verbal and written);
- Driven, analytical and a team player;
- Customer focused, service, support and result driven;
- Capable of dealing with a very broad range of (technical) subjects;
- Ability to switch to from ‘firefighting’ to ‘helicopter view’ easily;
- Continuous improvement mindset; Able to drive, steer and convince others (influencing without power);
- Able to write clear requirement specifications and application documentation;
- Knowledge of business (automation) information systems as used by CS or able obtain that knowledge quickly (studiously);
- Able to build and maintain strong networks;
- Cultural awareness;
- Willingness to travel (both foreign and domestic) and flexibility in work hours to secure worldwide support;
- Experience in infrastructure (Firewall settings, data traffic) is a pre.
Context of the position
The sector Customer Support (CS) is responsible for the maintenance, repair and continuous improvement of ASML systems at customer locations, as well as transferring all relevant knowledge and supporting the customer in the use of these systems in their production process.
Position in the Organization
The CS Infrastructure Support Infra Support Engineer EU reports to the Group Lead CS Infrastructure Support EU. Our team is part of the CS Engineering department and we have people located in Veldhoven (HQ and EMEA support), Taiwan (APAC support), and the USA (AMER support).
The CS Infrastructure EU team is located in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
This position will include travel (~10%) e.g. for training, alignment and roll-out purposes.
Business information systems, software, applications, technical infrastructure, service, requirements, IT, communication, international, service desk.
In the (near) future our department might expand the 24x5hr coverage to 24x7hr coverage.
Position may require the ability to support shift based working schedules.
Position will require periodic/planned on-call standby service for the weekends.