19 days ago - req24376
CS - Junior Infrastructure Support Engineer - Linkou
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories
Our department covers worldwide functional support (24x5hr) for all off-scanner Applications and Infrastructure. There are used by the Customer Support (CS) work force while performing their job in serving our Customer needs. Our mission is to facilitate and improve the productivity of the users of the before mentioned applications and infrastructure in order to meet ASML’s obligations.
We are located in Asia, US and Europe.We work together by means of knowledge bases (Wiki), key users, a call management system, and work instructions. We maintain closerelationships with the key user organizations, internal suppliers and project organizations to drive the sustainability and availability of CS used off-system applications (e.g. Coach, Maintenance Manager) and technical infrastructure (e.g. BRES, EPS), and will offer CS users functional support, process escalations, and will drive issues to closure, freeing the CS engineer to perform the invaluable task of pleasing our customers.
As a Junior Infra Support Engineer AS you are the point of contact for the ASML Customer Support application/infra user community (when the knowledge base and key users cannot support them). While continuously expanding your general knowledge and expertise on our total support portfolio, you either resolve issues immediately or you escalate to an expert within our team or to other service providers. In addition, you will also be responsible to execute one or more expert roles.
Your main responsibilities are to ensure that support calls are picked up and handled to the satisfaction of our end-users and within given KPI’s, to update the knowledge bases, participate in user acceptance tests and to administrate calls in our call management system. Working hours need to fit the time window for which the AS team is responsible. To cover our support responsibilities, participation in a ‘standby’ duty schedule might be part of the job.
Within the scope of our team responsibility, as a generalist, you …
- Answer questions of CS engineers;
- Prioritize, diagnose, solve and/or escalate issues;
- Follow up with CS engineers to ensure that issues have been resolved;
- Interface with application experts, business application owners and service providers (e.g. IT, development)
- Administrate call progress in our call management system;
- Align with CS engineers through a series of actions (mainly by email/telephone/Skype);
- Support the roll-out of new/changed applications;
- Establish a good working relationship with CS engineers (especially within your continent);
- Execute functional maintenance tasks;
- Document internal procedures and work instructions;
- Participate in the emergency phone system duty schedule;
- Will perform the needed travel for training (giving/receiving), aligning, executing work at local office or customers premises.
Within the scope of our team responsibility, as an expert role, in addition to the above, you …
- Gather CS requirements (that are input for the CS roadmaps and projects);
- Align with CS local offices and local CS management, including making arrangements on beta-testing (e.g. User Acceptance Tests);
- Test and roll-out improvements;
- Participate in projects that develop new and/or affect existing functionality. Your primary responsibility is to provide the knowledge on the CS way of working and the functional support needs such that the project results will seamlessness integrate with the needs of the users. Your input will safeguard our team requirements with respect to serviceability and maintainability of the application/infrastructure.
Position requires a bachelor degree in an engineering field or equivalent experience. Analytical trouble shooting abilities.
2 years or more experience working in an application support or project coordination role in an international setting, preferably in a high tech industry with worldwide coverage. Initiate and offer productive promotion to increase usage by phases in various ideas actively in service field. Knowledge of the ASML way of working in general and the CS way of working specifically is of added value to this position.
- Strong communication skills in English (both verbal and written);
- Non mandatory but beneficial to the position, the ability to speak any of the following languages: Mandarin, Korean, Japanese.
- Driven, analytical and a team player;
- Customer focused, service, support and result driven;
- Capable of dealing with a very broad range of (technical) subjects;
- Ability to switch to from ‘firefighting’ to ‘helicopter view’ easily;
- Continuous improvement mindset;
- Able to drive, steer and convince others (influencing without power);
- Able to write clear requirement specifications and application documentation;
- Knowledge of business information systems as used by CS or able obtain that knowledge quickly;
- Able to build strong networks;
- Cultural awareness;
- Ability to quickly master the business context of automation tools;
- Willingness to travel (both foreign and domestic), can be ~25% of the time;
- Flexibility in work hours to secure worldwide coverage / support.
Context of the position
The sector Customer Support (CS) is responsible for the maintenance, repair and continuous improvement of ASML systems at customer locations, as well as transferring all relevant knowledge and supporting the customer in the use of these systems in their production process.
Position in the Organization
The CS Infrastructure Support Junior Infra Support Engineer AS reports to the Team Leader CS Infrastructure Support AS. Our team is part of the CS Engineering department and we have people located in Veldhoven (HQ and EMEA support), Taiwan (APAC support), and the USA (AMER support).
The CS Infrastructure AS team is located in LinKou, the Taiwan.
This position will include travel outside LinKou (~25%) e.g. for training, alignment and roll-out purposes.