Click 'Deny cookies' to personalize your cookie settings, or click 'Accept' to allow all our cookies. You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
10 days ago - req24340
Facilities Mechanical Engineer
Other corporate functions
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Other corporate functions
Facility management, Mechanical engineering, Real Estate
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
We are currently seeking a Facilities Mechanical Engineer to join our Facilities Management team in San Diego.The Mechanical Engineer will manage the facilities utility infrastructure as a subject matter expert to ensure capacity and reliability in design.They will be responsible for tracking and ensuring schedules, budgets, costs, performance targets (specifications), resource plans, manufacturability, reliability, and other general engineering planning activities.They will need to have compliance knowledge of building codes, fire/life safety regulations and OSHA requirements.
- Reviews feasibility studies and designs, perform design calculations, approve floor plans, construction plans and specs, work with contractors and Project Manager during execution.
- Ensures that the facilities project plan is communicated and followed within the program’s engineering team.
- Ensures excellent cross-functional communication (through effective meetings, email, and other means) to ensure coordination between Engineering functional areas and other departments.
- Manages the effective usage of the design review process and facilitate necessary approvals.
- Assesses and highlights risks and develops mitigation plans.
- Proactively communicates issues and manages the solution paths.
- Ensures successful completion of facility projects by ensuring required inspections, commissioning and handoff to facilities maintenance end user(s).
- Negotiates consulting and construction services contracts and approve invoices.
- Manages and ensures that construction and system hookups by outside contractors is done in a safe manner per approved scope, schedule and cost.
- Performs reviews on key developments and drives necessary changes into the Facilities Planning Process or other applicable areas.
- Interprets, implements, and monitors modifications to department methods, processes and policies that affect multiple work groups.
- Responsible for facility project documentation from planning through project closeout.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited university and 3- 5 years of relevant experience.
- Technical knowledge in HVAC, clean room filtration, boilers, water purification, wastewater collection and treatment, process cooling water, central plant utilities exhaust ventilation, air treatment systems, high-purity gas distribution, gas detection, process gases, safety alarm systems, electrical distribution and clean room operations desired.
- Ability to analyze and communicate complex data using statistical tools.
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Ability to solve problems and implement solutions to complex problems with available resources.
- Ability to access and plan staffing requirements for projects and technical/non-technical qualifications/capabilities of staff members.
- Ability to lead and manage consulting engineering teams to successfully meet project objectives.
- Ability to develop utility master plans, strategic planning and present recommendations to senior management.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability