16 days ago - req24323
Internal Control Manager
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories
Are you keen to take up a new challenge in a fast-growing company and contribute to the implementation of ASML’s Global Enabling Services department? This new organizational set-up ensures clear ownership of state-of-the-art end to end processes. Would you enjoy enabling ASML’s business to achieve its objectives?
We are looking for you!
You are a professional who makes the difference because it is in your nature to standardize, simplify and ensure E2E business processes. A sparring partner of the Global Process Owner (GPO) and E2E Process Lead, who ensures that state-of-the-art controls are naturally embedded in the business processes, instead of being add-ons to existing processes.
At ASML we constantly ensure that our people, processes, and information enable us to realize our growth and meet our ambitious business objectives.
Recently ASML has launched its transformation towards Global Enabling Services (GES) to deliver world-class transactional & operational support services organized around E2E processes. Finance and IT are the first movers soon expected to be followed by other services. Within Finance we have established the E2E teams, Record to Report, Invoice to Pay, Market to Cash and Employee Financial Services. Our ambition is to broaden the scope beyond finance, ultimately making sure we enable services to the ASML internal organization in a standardized and simplified way.
To realize our ambition, we aim to implement a sustainable pro-active and cost-effective control framework, ensuring risks are controlled and controls are embedded in the day to day business processes. We are aiming to embed the full Internal Control framework in our business processes consisting of SOX, internal control, and compliance. Our ambition it to ensure a holistic approach to the control framework, not limited to Finance, but truly E2E starting from the primary business processes.
This role will require you to have a good understanding of the business processes and translate this into state-of-the-art control framework embedded, where possible automated, into the E2E processes. You will be part of one of the E2E teams working closely with the E2E teams, the business, and the expert team. You will be involved in projects to ensure risk are early on identified, and more important controls are designed into the process.
As Internal Control Manager, you will bring hands-on and pragmatic control expertise and knowledge to communicate/translate control requirements to the organization, while meeting regulatory and compliance requirements.
The Internal Control Manager is jointly responsible for:
- Putting in place a comprehensive overview of risks & controls in the E2E processes/cycles to ensure they are in control from a SOX, internal control, and compliance perspective with focus on preventive automated controls embedded in the day-to-day operations and procedures.
- Creating a culture where risk identification, mitigation and resilience is common practice.
- Participating in business projects/accounting topics that impact SOX, internal control and the compliance framework and help in providing efficient control solutions for the E2E GES teams.
- Monitoring the effectiveness of control execution on a regular basis and takes corrective actions when applicable.
- Ensuring that the design of the controls is reviewed at least annually to reflect changes to the framework and updated more regularly in case of process changes and audit findings.
- Managing internal control deficiencies
Academic degree in Business Administration or Business Economics, preferably with RA or RC
- 6-10 years relevant working experience;
- Understanding of end to end business processes (e.g. Market to Cash, Procure to Pay, Record to Report, …), including how such processes are supported by state of the art solutions;
- Experience with SAP (ECC, S4HANA, BPC) and Robotic Process Automation (RPA);
- Experience working in multinational environment is preferred;
- External Audit experience at a big 4 company
- Internal control background/experience is an advantage;
- Fluent English speaking and writing
- Sparring partner on process improvement,
- Able to bridge between different departments;
- Result oriented with a high sense of responsibility and accountability;
- strategic and innovative mindset; and
- interested in developing professionals/talent
Context of the position
The Internal Control Manager is part of the E2E team, part of our newly established Global Enabling Services organization.
Interested in this position? Please apply with CV and cover letter detailing your motivation to take up this role.