23 days ago - req24312
Site Director, Customer Support (CLS) - Hillsboro, OR
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Hillsboro - OR, US
Other technical job categories
ASML US, including its affiliates and subsidiaries, bring together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
Manages a complex service organization for a major customer located in Hillsboro, OR.This team includes technical support, customer support supervisors, engineers, and technicians, and support specialists who are assigned to install, operate and maintain complex devices.Establishes and maintains ongoing lines of communication with design engineers and software development on design, reliability, and maintenance issues. Ensures customer support engineersare current with the latest upgrades and/or new releases and supports ongoing development initiatives Leads, mentors, coaches and develops site supervisors..Ensures that customer/fab installations are in compliance with Service Level Agreements, installation and training programs.Leads vision and execution of strategic department plan, implementation of process improvements, and collaborates with experts across the organization.
- Develops and implements a strategy to ensure customer service support to meet service and preventative maintenance requirements.
- Obtains service engineering resources based on customer requirements for comprehensive system support, including preventative maintenance, systems in escalation and under installation or deinstallation.Includes monitoring and planning using headcount modeling tools.
- Responsible to develop, deploy and proliferate operational improvement pilots in Hillsboro and relay to Operational Excellence department for proliferation to other sites.
- Collaborate and coordinate with Factory New Products program teams to support with resources for training, development, feedback and execution.Includes alignment on training requirements locally and for customer’s WW sites.
- Effectively resolves all customer field tool support issues in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Manages site schedules to ensure adequate resources for customer satisfaction.
- Manages employee development including schools, evaluations, counseling, safety and procedures; provides technical support training to the local field service and technical support personnel so as to build stand-alone competencies / proficiency.
- Frequently interacts with subordinate supervisors, customers and/or functional peer group managers.
- Plans and manages comprehensive budgets for assigned areas.
- Executes inventory management control and forecasting in coordination with regional and corporate logistics.
- Engages and maintains customer relationships including proactive interface with customer management to identify potential areas of improvement and drive resolution consistent with company policies and procedures.
- Reviews short and long term service strategies with the Customer and confirms plans.
- Ensures and maintains cross-functional interface with Account Management, Logistics, Technical Support, and other regional and corporate functions, as required.
- Regularly monitors and manages escalations, including escalation to Account Director for critical issues/hurdles on long downs.
- Regularly communicates with teamto discuss metrics,ensure alignment on company strategies. Reviews information about company with CSEs, e.g., Business status, new products, etc.
- Establishes and monitors CSE training plans, CSE certification / proficiency tracking, and training strategies in conjunction with corporate training department.
- Manages all FCO implementation in the field.
- Manages projects implementation.
- Completes SAFE Program including incident reporting, safety training execution, and safety FCO implementation.
- Ensures CSE utilization of and regularly reviews corporate CRM tool (Oracle) for trends, content accuracy, and CSE adherence.
- Approves and/or Updates Failure Analysis reports.
- Provides management and direction to the service operations in conjunction and in coordination with account management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires Bachelor's degree or equivalent, BSEE or BSME preferred.
- Minimum of 15 years’ of relevant, work related experience in service operations management, preferably in an optics or a semiconductor equipment discipline.
- Minimum of 6 years direct supervisory experience in a related technical support operations and/or customer support environment.
- Extensive applied technical support / field service experience in semiconductor photolithography / semiconductor fab environment is highly desired, including experience in DUV optical imaging systems support in a clean room environment, or equivalent experience in diagnosing, troubleshooting, and/or customer service on electronic systems.
- Experience performing multiple on-site installations and background as a lead on a Beta product release.
- Experience preparing and managing budgets.
- High level knowledge of operations processes pertaining to semiconductor equipment installation and support, i.e. stepping and or scanning “Photo Lithography Imaging” systems, DUV metrology systems, DUV excimer lasers, or specific DUV Beam Delivery Systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Business acumen to understand the business implications of decision; orientation to profitability, knowledge of market and competition; alignment of strategic and operational goals.
- Collaboration, Challenge, and Care skills to influence and change the thinking of, or gain acceptance from, others in sensitive situations, without damage to the relationship(s).
- Ability to facilitate resolution of technical challenges.
- Solid experience managing field service engineers and ensuring high quality service to assigned customer(s) through assigned staff.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, CRM and report development systems (SAP/Business Objects/Spotfire).
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Strategic, experienced leader.
- Provides strategic direction for the function/ department.
- Responsible for both strategic planning and tactical execution.
- May manage a significant sub-function within a broader corporate function, one or more large departments, product portfolio(s), business region(s), or critical customer relationship(s).
- Translates company objectives into specific functional/ departmental goals and action items, develops functional strategies, and develops guidelines/ procedures to support these strategies in area of responsibility.
- Contributes to budget development for VP approval and manages budget once approved. Accountable for all employee matters within area of responsibility.
- May have matrixed responsibility for a program or a cross-functional initiative where budget and/or headcount may formally roll up under a different manager.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Generally a routine business week, Monday – Friday, days, but schedule may vary considerably to include evenings and weekends as well as long hours based on business needs.
- May be required to respond to customers with little or no advance notice.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Will be required to travel dependent on business needs domestically and internationally
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability