20 days ago - req24324
Start-up Application Engineer - Customer Support
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Other technical job categories
Travel across the globe to bring your technical expertise to the world’s chipmakers and help them use ASML machines optimally in a fast-paced, dynamic and rewarding environment.
The ASML Customer Support (CS) Applications Engineering department ensures that ASML’s customers are supported efficiently by providing knowledge/technical services to on-site personnel in countries such as Japan, Korea, Taiwan, China and the US, and undertaking specialist engineering work at customer sites.
Within CS the Application Engineering department supports the effective use of ASML machines in the customer’s production process.Within the CS Applications Engineering department, the start-up application team provides expert support directly at customer sites
As a Start-up Applications Engineer you will help prepare, plan and execute customer projects that require expert application support and knowledge of ASML products.
You will interact directly with ASML customers and our local organization to facilitate the roll-out of new ASML products and technology, or to assist customers in transitioning from one IC manufacturing technology to the next. Throughout your project, you will transfer your application expertise to customers and our local organization, to ensure long-term sustainable results that last beyond your on-site presence.
In the preparation phase of a project you will work from the headquarters of ASML in Veldhoven. When a project comes in the execution phase, you will travel to the local ASML office nearby the client site and work from this location for a period of 3 up to 12 months.
Master’s degree or PhD in; Physics, Optics, Electronics, Micro-electronics, Chemical Engineering or IC manufacturing.
- Experience in an international environment (study or work);
- At least two years’ experience in an IC manufacturing environment, lithography, imaging and/or overlay solutions (work, study or research).
- Excellent technical, investigative and analytical skills;
- You are able to manage customer expectations and anticipate customer needs;
- You maintain an effective relationship with our customer by being an effective/clear communicator.
- Ability to alternate periods of independent work and team work;
- The drive and determination to bring projects to successful conclusions within a defined timeframe;
- Outstanding communication skills;
- Good multi-cultural awareness;
- Excellent English language skills (verbal and non-verbal);
- Ability to deal with a high-paced environment and to interact with stakeholders from various sectors (customer support, development & engineering, product management, sales, etc).
Context of the position
ASML’s Customer Support (CS) sector ensures that ASML’s customers are supported efficiently by providing knowledge/technical services to on-site personnel at local offices in countries such as Japan, Korea, Taiwan, China, Singapore and the US.
Within the CS sector, the Applications Engineering department supports the effective use of ASML machines in the customer’s production process. Within the CS Applications Engineering department, the start-up team provides expert support directly at customer sites.
The Start-up Application Engineer will directly report to a Group leader in the CS Applications department.
This position is based at our headquarters in Veldhoven, The Netherlands and requires up to 80% of international travel. The duration of each travel for the Start-up engineer will typically be between 3 and 12 months. Compensation for housing, travel and daily costs is provided by ASML during an assignment abroad.
Depending on your prior knowledge of lithography and the nature of available field assignments, you may initially spend a period of up to one year at our headquarters to develop technical knowledge in selected areas.
Please note that this is a highly demanding, yet challenging and rewarding job that is supported by continuous technical and personal development opportunities provided by ASML. Consequently the dedication to the position of Start-up Application Engineer is expected to average approx. 3 years.