20 days ago - req24420
CO2 Controls System Integration Engineer
Research & development
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & development
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
The CO2 Controls System Integration Engineer will support design, development, and integration of next-generation optical subsystems for the creation and control of EUV light.S/he will need to be able to perform analysis, verification, and troubleshooting on complex control systems. The engineer will also be responsible for data collection, data analysis, system integration and validation, trouble-shooting, issue resolution management, test plan development, test analysis reports, and remote and on-site field support for customer escalations.S/he will represent the High Power Drive Laser (HPDL) project in San Diego and serve as an interface to this design project based in the Netherlands.
- Provide a broad laser and controls engineering background to support issue resolution, create test plans, secure system test time, assemble test hardware, and perform validation testing of HPDL deliverables
- Attend project meetings to ensure close alignment to project development activities and escalations, requiring early morning calls and meetings to facilitate alignment and share knowledge
- Provide knowledge, procedures, and support to Integration, Customer Service, and Manufacturing teams
- Represent ASML Netherlands development & engineering projects in San Diego
- Review requirements, specifications, software and control design documents, issue resolution plans, test plans, and test reports with internal and external customers
- Interacts closely with development engineers, Integration, scientists, QA engineers, suppliers, and other supporting teams to resolve quality issues
- Assists with driving full documentation of any development/design deliverables, procedures, sequences, etc.
- Receive knowledge from projects on new module releases
- Audit engineering changes (EC), field change orders (FCO), and associated documentation for planned upgrades in San Diego
- Recommend improvements to projects in regard to safety, reliability, availability, manufacturability, and serviceability
- Travel to internal and customer sites (domestic and overseas) on short notice to receive training, provide training, trouble-shoot, upgrade, and optimize laser systems (<20%)
- Support night or weekend shifts when needed
- Provide periodic off-hours/on-call phone support for escalation management
- Work according to safety rules and report near misses and safety issues accurately and immediately
- Develop and mentor junior engineers
- Effectively works and prioritizes activities with minimal supervision or direction
- Performs other duties as assigned
Requires a minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering with emphasis on mechatronics and controls, Master’s Degree preferred.
Requires a minimum of two (2) years of experience with a Bachelor’s Degree.No experience required with a Master’s Degree, although some experience preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in complex laser controls
- Experience in semiconductor equipment development a plus
- Experience with Matlab
- Experience with developing, setting up, running, and collecting data from test experiments
- Experience with common electrical test equipment (multimeter, signal generator, oscilloscope, analog digital converters, and digital analog converters)
- Experience with MS Word, Powerpoint, Excel, and electronic e-mail systems
- Knowledge in PLC programming
- Capable of interpreting electrical schematics
- Knowledge in UX operating systems and networking
- Ability to translate and statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and graphical formats.
- Ability to develop analysis tools, trouble-shooting guides, and action plans
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication in virtual and in-person work environments with peers and internal and external customers
- Proactive attitude toward communicating and aligning with stakeholders, identifying and addressing issues, and executing deliverables
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability