30+ days ago - req24412
Cymer - Account Manager - Hsinchu
Sales & marketing
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Sales & marketing
Other job categories
Responsible for managing all aspects of Cymer’s relationship with the assigned accounts.Maintains and/or achieves a strategic advantage for Cymer products within a competitive market.Responsible for managing all aspects of the assigned accounts to maximize customer satisfaction and marketshare potential. Maintains and/or achieves a strategic advantage for CYMER products within a competitive market.This position is a critical member, and operates in a cross-functional, team-based environment.
- Managesaccount management activities within an assigned region.
- Responsible for Cymer’s overallsuccess with the assigned accounts.
- Develops appropriateaccount strategies, working together with account team members.
- Oversees global cross-functionalaccount responsibilities within Cymer.
- Manages account businessessentials including forecast, sales, account margin, product roadmap,warranty and service. Responsible for achievementof revenue and incoming PO target andtakes necessary action immediately if needed.
- Maintains or increases market share of ourproducts in assigned accounts.
- Promotes our new products and new technology withwell planned strategies to assigned accounts.
- Performs situation analysis andstrategic planning, in keeping with Cymer processes and roadmaps, toincorporate customers’ requirements and Cymer value-added opportunities.
- Ensures that every Cymeremployee’s interactions with accounts support the Strategic Plan.
- Builds & maintainsrelationships with all levels for customers’ decision-maker network (economic,technical, user buyers).
- Understands customers’ culture, product portfolio,competitive position, financial state, investment plan, organizationstructure, key decision makers, installed base, and Cymer competitivestrengths and weaknesses.
- Updatesand communicates account plan on a quarterly basis.
- Responsible for Account required operation reviewmaterials to be reported on time.
- Negotiates on behalfof Cymer for pricing, lead-time, new product and etc.
- Analyzes marketshare by gathering information about competitor’s shipments.Obtains accurate information aboutcompetitors, market, and capital spending plan.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requires Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and may require an advanced degree (Master's, PhD), in applicable field or equivalent experience. Typically has 10+ years of direct work experience; prior management experience may be required depending on the function/ role.
- A minimum of twelve (10) years of experience in sales, account management, marketing, sales promotion, or strategic planning in the semiconductor capital equipment business.
- Front-end semiconductor process technology knowledge.
- Engineeringbackground is preferable.
Context of the position
SUPERVISION AND INTERACTION
Manages day-to-day activities of a department, sub-function, or product line. Manages, perhaps through less experienced supervisors, the coordination of activities of a sub-function/department with responsibility for achieving results, including costs, methods and staffing plans. Frequently interacts with less experienced supervisors, customers, and/or other managers. Often leads a cooperative effort among members of a project team. Uses interpersonal skills to influence customers, suppliers and other comparable level managers. May be responsible for managing a staff function and may not have direct reports.
Typically this level is characterized by managers of professional employees. Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals. Follows operational processes and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Provides guidance to direct reports within the latitude of established company policies. May recommend changes to policies and established procedures that affect immediate organization(s). Managers are responsible to ensure project goals/ milestones are met, sales targets achieved and approved budgets are hit.
SCALE AND IMPACT
Develops and administers schedules and performance requirements; may have budget responsibility although likely will provide input into annual budgeting process. Develops and implements plans for tactical execution. Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis requires an understanding of current business trends. Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve results will add to costs and may impact the short-term goals of the organization. Accountable for the development and retention of key talent.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, theemployee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands tokeyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach,and stretch.
- The employeeis occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employeemay occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- The employeemay be required to travel based on business needs.
- Specificvision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision,peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can workunder deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate intemperature and noise level.
- Must be able to read and interpret data,information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situationsand interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Ability to travel (domestic and international) via air and auto atleast 50% of the time.