22 days ago - req24493
Field Applications Engineer
In a nutshell
Manassas - VA, US
No experience (Student)
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
Applications Engineering – Creating Tomorrow’s Value: We pro-actively enable business development and drive customer adoption of a tailored portfolio of sustainable ASML solutions by applying our industry product and process knowledge in a collaborative learning environment.
You are responsible for providing solutions to lithography applications problems related to the optimization of the ASML scanner and its applications performance enhancement options. You will use personally accumulated knowledge supported by a worldwide applications & ASML headquarters’ network, combined with analytical skills to analyze and identify opportunities for ASML scanner optimizations towards improving customer’s on-product performance. Driven by a determination to never give up, you’ll troubleshoot lithography issues potentially related to ASMLs product portfolio. You will do this in close collaboration with the customer, and often connected to the introduction of a new technology node for high volume manufacturing. Your scope includes enabling advanced scanner baseliner products and metrology capable to become a part of customer on process set-up and control. Your proposals for application product improvement can cover a wide variety of solutions concerning scanner set-up and usage, choices in process control strategies, metrology mark choice and design as well optimization.
You are expected to grow into a role where you can represent ASML as a technical expert in the field and get recognition of this by the customer. Since you will be working intimately with customers and sensitive customer data, a high level of integrity is required for securing confidentiality, while at the same time being able to translate customer issues into problem statements for ASML. Due to the scope and impact of this role, it offers you the opportunity to grow further in technical expertise roles, or project or management leadership roles.
- Participate and/or lead projects which are aimed at supporting our customer transition to a new technology node or ramp up a specific technology node.
- Define and drive customer requirements for existing or evaluation products based on technical intimacy with the customer.
- Translate a customer on-product issue into a potential lithography or metrology related problem statement, resolve these issues to help them maximize the performance and use of ASML products.
- Participate in pro-actively identifying ASML applications product opportunities for our customer.
- Conduct data analysis to ensure that the correct conclusions are drawn from customers acquired experimental data and results reported to ASML and customer.
- Meet with internal and external customers to maintain two-way level of commitment to keep all involved and affected parties informed of progress.
- Prepare technical presentations for customer meetings.
- Learn and exercise the ASML metrology product portfolio and maximize the application of ASML products & options to the benefit of the customer.
BS or MS, Optics, Electronics, Micro-electronics, Mechanical Engineering, Material Science Engineering, Chemical Engineering or IC manufacturing or equivalent experience.
- 0-2+ years of direct Semiconductor industry experience preferred.
- Must have strong organizational, communication, leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Detailed oriented individuals with strong critical thinking, problem solving and follow-up skills.
- Fast learner with strong self-motivation to grow technically; be able to perform job at high standard with minimum supervision, and demonstrated ability to thrive in a high pressure and fast paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize and organize actions effectively and efficiently.
- Basic project management skills.
- Self-starter that shows high drive, creativity, ambition and accountability.
- Experience in data analysis with support software (JMP, matlab, python).
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Challenge the status quo to strive for improvements that adds value.
- Thinking critically and creatively about the situation in order to take calculated risk.
- Encouraging open communication and asking questions to understand different views and get to the heart of the issue.
- Understanding how actions affect the cost and quality of the end products.
- Standardizing and simplifying to add value.
- Aligning goals and making expectation clear to others.
- Celebrating success and the contributions of others.
- Partnering with the members in our ecosystem to adapt quickly to their needs and industry insights.
- Asking for, accepting and providing feedback to drive development.
- Learning from each other to avoid repeating mistakes.
- Seeking collaboration across the entire value chain and matrix organization.
- Creating clarity on our goals, targets, roles and responsibilities.
- Taking ownership and responsibility for our decisions and keeping our promises.
- Making an effort to understand stakeholders and what matters to them.
- Providing a safe environment for all stakeholders.
- Respecting each other and embracing diversity.
- Caring for our environment and avoiding waste.
- Recognizing the importance of our own mental and physical well-being and that of others.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
- This U.S. position is open to U.S. workers only. A U.S. Worker is someone who is either a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident, or a person granted Refugee or Asylum status by the U.S. Government. The Company will not sponsor a foreign national for this position.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability