23 days ago - req24426
IT - Asia IT Director - Linkou
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Computer science & software engineering
ASML Asia region is the where the majority of the revenue source comes from. Consisting of more than 7000 users and
growing, and with a geography of more than 6 countries, it is extremely expanse and diverse. Ensuring smooth and
efficient IT operation with high customer demand in this dynamic and fast paced region becomes a daunting challenge.
Are you the IT Director who can direct and lead a team of high-performing IT professionals to deliver quality IT services to
As an IT Director for APAC you are responsible for ensuring overall IT operations effectiveness and maximize end user
productivity. You will work closely with IT organizations from the EU and US region on standards and roadmaps. You will
also be the linking pin between HQ IT and the regional business stakeholders. You will build, establish and maintain
relationship with various country management teams within the region, listening to their voice, fulfilling their demands and
addressing their concerns. Along with ASML’s strategic partners, you will deliver high quality infrastructure, workplace
and application services spanning 6 countries in 4 languages.
When working as an IT Director APAC at ASML you be focused in the following areas:
- Infrastructure, planning, building, and running Asia infrastructure and datacenter(s). Ensuring adequate capacity on
connectivity, storage, and compute resources.
- Workplace, delivering and supporting all end user devices, printers, and peripherals. Issues and problem resolution
and accurate hardware asset tracking and registration via ServiceNow platform.
- Application support services, ensure key application performance, maintain and grow key user organization capability
and train end users on business applications, i.e. SAP, Spotfire, etc. Be part of application implementation project
change and non-standard changes.
You will work in close cooperation with the ASML internal customer and the IT Solution Teams
- You will be part of the Core IT Services team consisting of more than 100+ people, reporting to the head of Core IT
- Lead and create future IT directions and make necessary steps to execute
- Represent the interest of the Asia region in the Core IT Services MT
- Update of all IT events, initiatives and roadmap to regional management teams
- Ensure proper staffing and placing people with right skills in the right position to support the growth of the region
- Manage financials (TAP) and ensure transparency, accuracy and predictability
- Own and drive issue resolution where appropriate by utilizing your peers, partners and your staffs
- Monthly business reviews with strategic partners on performances and improvements
Bachelor level or equivalent in Computer Science, Business Management or Information Technology.
- Knowledge of ITIL is essential; incident, change management and all other relevant ITIL disciplinary areas
- Basic understanding and practical experience with:
2. Project Management Methodology; Agile knowledge experience is big plus
3. Linux / Windows OS knowledge.
4. MS Office applications, (O365)Confidential
5. IT risks and compliance; experience with audits
- Highly motivated self-disciplined personality
- Shows initiative and customer service attitude
- Ability to deal with cross country, multi-culture, non-technical issues
- Ability to lead and manage remote teams
- Think practical on the impact of decisions for end-customer / user
- Strong communication skills and superb proficiency in the English language.
- Confidence to stand up and defend in the interest of Asia region
Context of the position
At ASML we invent, develop and manufacture world-leading high tech lithography machines for our chip making
customers. These tailor-made machines can image billions of structures in a few seconds with an accuracy of a few silicon
atoms. Our headquarters are located in the heart of the Eindhoven region, also known as ‘Brainport’, Europe’s top tech
hub. We have other Research and Development location around the globe, main locations are Wilton, San Diego, San
Jose (US) and Linkou (Taiwan)
The IT division supports information management, infrastructure and key business processes across ASML. The IT
infrastructure, hardware and applications are absolutely mission-critical for almost all ASML’s internal and external
A department within the IT organization is Core IT Services; this department is responsible for delivering a high performing
and secure integrated workplace including end user services, stable and secure Infrastructure Services, Application
support, Platform development and services and license management.
You will functionally report to the Head of Core IT Services, who is part of the CIO Management Team, with a local
reporting line (dotted) to the regional management teams across various Asia countries..
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities,
opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most
of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance. An assessment will be part of
the recruitment process.
We expect that your application is accompanied by a motivation letter indicating why you are interested in this position and
why this position is a match with your skills and experience.