18 days ago - req24535
Semiconductor Equipment Engineer
Research & development
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Research & development
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
ASML in Wilton CT is seeking an Equipment Engineer to join the Industrialization Equipment Engineering team. Equipment Engineers are responsible for the serviceability and product availability performance aspects of New Product Introduction, and Existing Product performance upgrades and support. Your deliverables directly enable the ASML Customer Support organization to provide world class service to our customers by providing maintenance procedures, tools and spare part structures, diagnostics tools, system calibration and recovery sequences and knowledge transfer information to the global ASML CS organization. Support, consultancy, engineering, developing and analysis, and KPI reporting are all main activities of the Equipment Engineer. Delivering solutions and optimizing the use at customer sites is also part of Availability Equipment Engineering. Continuous development of your technical expertise and personal skills is essential.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
- As an Industrial Availability Equipment Engineer your main focus is in the area of Mechatronics (RS/RH) Modules for the DUV and or the EUV projects depending on your experience.
- You contribute to the product generation process by setting availability targets, maintainability targets for new designs and giving feedback to development projects based on field performance analysis experiences at ASML customer sites.
- This involves all support for functionality, electrical, mechanical, mechatronic, software and sub-components of the RS/RH sub-module for new product introduction and/or existing products.
- You input serviceability, accessibility, and drive optimized MTTR into the design.
- You support the factory, field, & project team via material notification/issue resolution, parts usage analysis and resolution, tracking and reporting on field failures and issues.
- Responsible for regular updating and extending own and local Field Service Engineer knowledge so most problems can be handled locally with available in depth product knowledge.
- Initiate and contribute in providing material for technical service documentation and training in cooperation with authors and training developers.
- Create and give presentations to transfer knowledge to Field Service Engineers.
- Identify structural problems and possible improvements and address them in the ASML organization.
- Typical business hours with travel international up to 10%.
Bachelor degree in technical science (mechanics, mechatronics, physics, electronics, chemistry, process technology or optics) or equivalent experience.
- 1~5 years or more (co-op included) in an engineering or service environment.
- Working experience or knowledge in Photo-litho tools as well as understanding the concept of CRAMS (cost, reliability, availability, manufacturability, serviceability) and COACH procedure is preferred.
- Experience in a production environment with high tech products and complex production processes is an advantage.
- A background in the application of vacuum technologies is desired for EUV.
- Working knowledge of SAP, is a plus.
- Analytic, abstract thinking, good communication skills, initiative, independent, planning and prioritizing, sharing knowledge, stress tolerance and teamwork.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability