You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Group Leader Mechanical Component Engineering
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Do you like to lead a team of mechanical engineers in a challenging environment? Are you capable of aligning with many different stakeholders? Are you a strategist that is capable of bringing more commonality of standard mechanical components in our machine portfolio? Then we want to get in touch with you.
In the position of Group Leader: Mechanical Development (MDEV) Component Engineering, you and your team are responsible for searching, selecting, qualifying and maintaining the standard components in our complex lithographic products, with a mission to strive for the highest level of standardization in the ASML product portfolio. Next to that, you are responsible for the Life Cycle Management (LCM) of standard components, to ensure our machine delivery does not stop on components going End Of Life (EOL).
An ASML machine has many standardized mechanical components. Amongst these components basically 3 major subcategories are defined:
- Fluid Power components: such as fittings, tubes, pumps, purifiers, valves
- Fasteners & Adhesives: such as bolts, rivets, screws, inserts, pins, glues, lubricants & chemicals
- Mechanical and optical components: such as linear and rotary motion, handles, brackets, caps, plugs and several optical components, like mirrors, lenses, mounts
Typically your team acts as a spider in the web, between D&E designers, suppliers, quality, supply chain and sourcing. This ensures your week is full with different kinds of topics to deal with.
You and your team pro-actively strive for more standardization in the ASML roadmap, by aligning with the relevant Technical Competences (e.g. Bolt Competence, Glue Competence, High Pressure Competence). But above all, you will use your leadership and teamwork skills to solve problems and optimize team performance. You will be reporting to the department manager.
- You lead a group of approximately 17 Component and EOL engineers. Your focus is on their development and employability, on cooperation and the realization of the group objectives.
- You define and implement the Technical Competence and Resource roadmap for your group in alignment with the stakeholders and you are capable to maintain a stable focus.
- You are responsible for a balanced ASML standard component database, with the highest level of commonality between the ASML product portfolio.
- You explore and roll-out new way of workings that help ASML in the ambition for more standardization of components.
- You support the D&E roadmaps by actively search and qualify components that meet our system requirements.
Technical University Master’s in Mechanics or equivalent.
- Experience in leading engineering teams (line- or demonstrable large project- management)
- Experience with standardization processes and standards from other industries (e.g. Automotive, Aerospace).
- Experience in development of mechanical components / products (e.g. designer background)
- Experience in cross-sector collaboration (collaborate with non-engineering sectors).
- Ability to work in an international multicultural setting.
- Ability to provide direction for a team of mechanical engineers.
- Ability to think and act on a strategic level.
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social and communication skills.
- Pragmatic attitude.
- Affinity with standard components (e.g. hobby as car-mechanic) is a pre.
- Able to communicate effectively with all levels in the organization.
- Good knowledge of English language.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
More information on what ASML does, and stands for - can be found via our Website and YouTube channel
If you apply to this position - please include a recent and complete CV, and a letter of motivation.