30+ days ago - req24621
IT- System Architect Operations Execution-Factory
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Computer science & software engineering
ASML IT is in the middle of an IT Agile Transformation with SAFe© (Scaled Agile Framework) as the guiding framework. Are you an expert in Work Preparation, Manufacturing Execution and Shop Floor Control processes?
We are looking for a System Architect that can align teams to a shared technical direction. Come aboard and be part of one of the most technically developed company of the world.
You are responsible for defining and communicating a shared technical and architectural vision for the Operations Execution-Factory Agile Release Train (ART). Whilst doing so you help to ensure developments are fit for purpose.
As System Architect you are part of the ‘Leading Coalition’, together with the RTE (Release Train Engineer) and the CPO (Chief Product Owner) of the Operations Execution-Factory ART. This ART consists of a group of agile teams. The ART is responsible for the enterprise solution delivery in the manufacturing domain for the ASML factories.
You will be responsible for describing the Solution Context and Solution Intent, analyze technical trade-offs, determine the primary components and subsystems, identify the interfaces and collaborations between them, define Nonfunctional Requirements (NFRs), guide Enablers through to execution. You work with Product and Solution Management, Customers and Suppliers.
You will play a critical role in aligning teams on the Agile Release Train (ART) to a shared technical direction and partner with those teams in elaborating the Solution, validating technology assumptions, evaluating implementation alternatives and creating the Continuous Delivery Pipeline. You challenge the business requirements & processes in order to realize a fit in standard IT solutions instead of custom built solutions.
For a large part of your time you work for the ART. As System Architect you are responsible for topics like:
- Work Execution – Focus on BUILD, TEST & INSTALL of modules and complete machines;
- Routing/ Sequence Management
- BOM Management
- Detailed scheduling
- Rework / Production Order changes
- Manufacturing Execution
- Work Knowledge Access (work instructions)
- Data Collection; Machine Integration; Integration with Safety systems;
- Disturbance Management; Equipment dossier;
- Architectural alignment with other ART’s;
- Consolidating legacy systems;
- Cloud strategy and continuous improvement.
This position requires international travelling to ASML factories (US-Wilton, US-San Diego, Taiwan-Linkou) for short periods if needed (±2-3 times per year for ±1-3 weeks per case, highly dependent on the individual assignments);
Master's degree in Information Technology or Business Administration with proven experience in complex Shop Floor Control processes.
- At least 5 years of experience as an IT Manufacturing architect on senior level;
- 10+ years’ experience with Manufacturing Execution processes in a discrete manufacturing industry (complex products, low volumes):
- Discrete industry (Complex products, low volumes)
- Manufacturing process in general
- Specific: Shop Floor Control / Manufacturing Execution System knowledge.
- Proven experienced in delivering architectural principles, processes, infrastructure and solutions;
- A strong background at an architectural level in SAP PP/QM/ME/MII/PCo including integration with non-SAP systems.
- Detailed knowledge of IT systems supporting Shop Floor Control & Planning processes: production scheduling, quality management, equipment automation;
- Experience with Manufacturing Execution Systems (preferably SAP-ME);
- Experience with planning systems like SAP-PP/DS or Quintiq is a pré;
- Up-to date with topics like e.g. Lean Manufacturing; Industry 4.0; Cloud.
- Strong customer focus, result-oriented and drive for excellence;
- Excellent communication skills in English, preferable also in Dutch;
- Proactive and enthusiastic;
- Able to deal with resistance;
- Ability to influence without power;
- A demonstrated ability to perform in high-pressure environments;
- Well-developed consultancy skills with a strong go-get mentality including eagerness to perform hands-on activities;
- Team player.
Context of the position
A sub-department within the IT organization is ‘IT Solution Delivery Operations’.This department is responsible for providing IT solutions that support ASML Operations in achieving its business goals. We support ASML sectors Sales, Planning, Sourcing, Logistics, Manufacturing, Facility Management, Environment Health and Safety, Quality Management and Customer Support.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the dedication of a company that recognizes and rewards extraordinary performance.
Our selection process includes an online Talent Exploration that gathers information about your key drivers, your personal values, motivators and career ambitions. The Talent Exploration enables both you and us to explore if there is a mutual match - not only for today, but also for your future career at ASML.
Production Routing, Production sequence, Manufacturing Execution, MES, SAP-PP, SAP-ME, SAP-MII, SAP-PCo, SCADA, Detail Planning, Scheduling, Business Process Consultant, SAFe, System Architect, IT Specialist, ISA95, SAP PP/PS/MM/QM/ME/MII/PCo