22 days ago - req24677
Physics | Electronics Internship: Investigation of fabrication flows of integrated circuits
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Research & development
No experience (Student)
Electrical engineering, Physics, Computer science & software engineering
Are you a Master student in Physics or Electronics? Are you looking for a graduation project? Then this assignment could be interesting for you!
In the Patterning group, we develop methodologies to analyze, monitor and ultimately improve the performance of the critical fabrication steps of integrated circuits.
A key part of this work consist of (1) understanding the integration flows adopted by customers, (2) knowing the sources of variations that contribute to deteriorating yield, (3) assessing the impact of the sources of variations, (4) being able to recognize the advantages and disadvantages of different fabrication flows.
Joining our Patterning group, you will support the development of the integration flow for the most advanced and complex integrated circuits.
Under the supervision of your mentor, you will:
1. Understand a series of fabrication flows (patterning schemes) and the related failure mechanisms;
2. Learn how to use the software tool to generated 2D and 3D visualizations of devices through the several fabrication flows;
3. Generate 2D and 3D view of the possible fabrication flows of each failure mechanism;
4. Generate 2D and 3D view of variations of the patterning flow, including different designs and introducing sources of variations;
5. Draw conclusions on each use case (most suitable patterning scheme, most critical source of variation, most critical direction if any, impact of source of variation on failure mechanism);
6. Discuss with patterning experts.
• You are a Master graduation student in Physics, Electronics or similar;
• You have knowledge of Python or Julia;
• You have a basic understanding of semiconductor processes;
• You are someone who enjoys 3D visualization (3D CAD tool) and problem-solving with experts.
This is Master graduation internship for 4/5 days a week with a duration of a minimum 6 months (preferably 9). The start date is as of September 2021.
Please note that we can only consider students who are enrolled at a school for the entire duration of the internship
What ASML offers
Your internship will be in one of the leading Dutch corporations, gaining valuable experience in a highly dynamic environment. You will receive a monthly internship allowance based on your educational level and number of days per week, plus a possible housing or travel allowance. More information on the allowances can be found on our website. In addition you will get expert, practical guidance and the chance to work in and experience a dynamic, innovative team environment.
ASML: Be part of progress
We make machines that make chips – the hearts of the devices that keep us informed, entertained and safe; that improve our quality of life and help to tackle the world’s toughest problems.
We build some of the most amazing machines that you will ever see, and the applications to run them. Never satisfied, we measure our performance in units that begin with pico or nano.
We believe we can always do better. We believe the winning idea can come from anyone. We love what we do – not because it’s easy, but because it’s hard. At ASML we are always pushing technology further.
Students: Getting ready for the real-world
Teamwork is key within ASML. Our R&D team is more than 5,500 people strong and worldwide we form one big team with over 25,000 employees. These colleagues have 123 different nationalities and work at our major sites on three continents.
Dozens of diverse, interdisciplinary teams work in parallel to meet a challenging development schedule. In this inspiring environment, your colleagues may be sitting next door, or they could be thousands of kilometers away in a different country, or even working for a different company.
An internship at ASML is your opportunity to get to know this world and get a feel for that excites you most. Use your education, gain real-life working experience and explore the world of high-tech – all at the same time.
How will you be part of progress?