9 days ago - req24640
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Research & development
Other technical job categories
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
- Drive reliability growth activities for ASML new products as well as existing products. Development experience of optical modules and/or mechatronic assemblies is preferred.
- Orchestrate reliability tools/methods, e.g. DFR (Design for Reliability), FMEA (Failure Modes and Effects Analysis), deployment through the whole organization during the design phase.
- Responsible for the design, oversight, and execution of reliability/serviceability tests including accelerated life testing, environmental stress screening, HALT (Highly Accelerated Life Test), HASS (Highly Accelerated Stress Screen), and reliability demonstration testing.
- Research new reliability processes by conducting experiments, identifying methods to demonstrate and predict product reliability.
- Work with engineers, product architects, and project leaders to identify risks based on required system functionality, rank risks, and advocate to ensure there are risk mitigation plans.
- Provide input to development schedules related to new or enhanced products.
- Contribute to the definition and development of the vision, strategy and roadmap for deployment of new Tools in Reliability that is applied on completed modules (Mechatronics, Software, Electrical, and Mechanical).
- Support other departments for improved process and better vendor quality control.
- Remain knowledgeable and in compliance with all company Environmental, Health and Safety practices and proactively address EHS (Environmental Health and Safety) issues that exist within the employee's immediate work environment.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned.
- Domestic/International Travel: Netherlands
Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, or Reliability Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 0-2 Years of experience required.
- Education and experience in DfR and reliability growth management for new product development from system level down to sub-system and component level.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with product engineering, marketing, field service, and vendors in support of multiple and varying-complexity product lines before, during, and after production to address any product reliability concerns and make appropriate recommendations through planning, coordinating, conducting reliability test and analysis, and ultimately to meet compliance objectives.
- Knowledge of statistics, root cause analysis, DOE (design of experiments).
- Ability to interact easily with cross-functional peers.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- A passion for bringing the reliability perspective into the design and system development process.
- Ability to prioritize and plan schedules, estimate task effort, and meet deadlines with high quality work that meets business, user and design objectives.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability