You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - req24697
US Intern - Accounting & Tax Compliance (Summer 2022)
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Chandler - AZ, US
No experience (Student)
Other job categories
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
Mission of the US Tax Intern would be to support the US Tax Support team. Main responsibilities would be to assist in the preparation of corporate income tax returns and associated work papers. This position interfaces with the US Tax & Customs team, as well as with external third parties to assist in timely and accurate tax filings.
This is a 12 week internship for the summer of 2022
- Using system data, prepare tax adjustment work papers to support federal and state positions taken on income tax returns. This will be a mix of domestic and international corporate taxation calculations.
- Use tax software to assist in preparing federal and state income tax returns to be filed, and any electronic filing as needed.
- Assist in the preparation of state apportionment.
- Perform self-review of work.
- Assisting in the quarterly US tax line calculations for current and deferred income taxes
- May include ad hoc tax technical research on various tax projects.
- Utilizing excel capabilities to automate existing tax calculations
- Commit to working together as one team, exceed service expectations by developing positive relationships and treat others with value and respect…always.
- Seek opportunities for personal and professional development.
- Ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment while consistently meeting deadlines with accurate and detailed results
- Other duties as assigned
Must have completed sophomore year of college at an accredited university and be pursuing an undergraduate degree or graduate degree in Accounting or Taxation.
- Strong Organization and Communication skills
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft applications including: Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word
- Basic knowledge of US GAAP
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability