17 days ago - req24787
Business Development Manager, MPC
Sales & marketing
In a nutshell
Hillsboro - OR, US
Sales & marketing
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
Business development drives technical and commercial alignment between ASML products and customer’s technology development roadmap.The successful candidate shall coordinate activities between the global account team and ASML Metrology & Patterning Control (MPC) business line to deliver products and value to the customer.This includes insertion of scanner application products, and/or Yieldstar metrology systems for a given node from development thru ramp and into HVM.
- We are seeking a Business Development Manager to own and drive either (1) Yieldstar overlay and metrology programs; or (2) Scanner application products including on product performance.'The candidate will play a key role within the Applications business development team to drive increased use of AMSL products towards a richer node configuration enabling ASML to best support our customer’s roadmap.
- Responsible for MPC product sales within the global account team; competitively position MPC products using technical background, product and customer application knowledge.
- Analyze customer technology roadmaps & requirements; and align MPC solutions to meet customer needs thru active engagement with the business line and product marketing.
- Responsible to define and deliver N+1 tool evaluations targeting tool of record adoption; and align with business line on customer N+2 requirement definition and N+3 research needs.
- Align with Applications Business Manager and Account Team to close N+1 business agreements; develop VPA capacity scenarios and develop insertion plans for high volume manufacturing.
- Provide inputs regarding product requirements, value analysis and competitive positioning in conjunction with business line product marketing and corporate research marketing.
- Ability to develop customer trust with key stakeholders (technical end user to economic buyer); effectively communicate help needed to global account team to achieve commercial success.
- Ability to remain persistent in a highly competitive and ever changing environment while keeping a focus on the end goal – deliver MPC solutions to meet customer requirements.
- 25%-35% travel requirements as needed; at times could be greater than 50%.
Bachelor/MS in Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of semiconductor process, lithography, overlay metrology are highly valued; especially for ASML scanners and/or MPC products.
- 8+ years of wafer fab experience or capital equipment experience, preferably in lithography or overlay metrology; product marketing or business development/sales experience a plus.
- Ability to translate technology development cycles into business development programs.
- Excellent communication skills; able to explain complex technical matters in simple terms.
- Proven organizational skills to align multiple stakeholders; strong customer relationship skills.
- Proven ability to structure and lead technology discussions between un-aligned parties.
- Strategic thinker and planner with an ability to convert strategy into tactical execution plans.
- Ability to timely and effectively execute actions, including ability to manage escalations to upper management, account team members and the business line with clear assessments on business impact & potential solutions.
- Understands and leverages networks; both internally and externally with the customer.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently; demonstrates cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Good understanding of commercial processes; marketing or sales experience a plus.
- Maintains focus during highly demanding circumstances and maintains personal effectiveness despite barriers, set-backs or situations of ambiguity.
- Remains flexible and proactively adapts plans and behaviors to the situation.
- Involves themselves in issues proactively and takes initiative.
- Thrives in a multi-cultural environment.
- Open to constructive feedback while also providing feedback (team members, peers or managers) to drive towards more effective collaboration.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
- This U.S. position is open to U.S. workers only. A U.S. Worker is someone who is either a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident, or a person granted Refugee or Asylum status by the U.S. Government. The Company will not sponsor a foreign national for this position.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability